VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 11:38:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out Schiano's MOU with UT...  (Read 3055 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2017, 01:33:15 EST »

4.4M to start, yearly raises thereafter. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/look-details-of-tennessees-memorandum-of-understanding-with-greg-schiano/

Currie has an MBA from UT, correct?  This almost seems like grounds for our business school to lose its accreditation.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 01:39:28 EST »

What is the deal here? Is Currie THAT inept, or is Tommy Boy, er Jimmy Boy, the guilty party? Did Currie foolishly go all in with Haslam? LMAO 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:56:45 EST »

Why isn't he coaching at the Browns?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 02:08:33 EST »

Why would they fire Hue Jackson when he has a "perfect" season going?

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 02:54:27 EST »

That has to be the most short sighted contract ever written, but I'll take the silence from the news goobers after Pruitt as their endorsement

11B4PJ3F7
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 03:44:31 EST »

Been my thought all along.  If Jimmy liked him so much, why did he hire Hue Frickin' Jackson to coach the Browns instead of SchiaNO? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 08:20:29 EST »

Raises were pretty small relative to the size of the contract, but the concept of a built in raise for someone who has yet to coach a game bothers me.  Also he 4.4M to start is ridiculous.  Would have been more than anyone int he SEC other than Malzahn and of course Saban. 

What really bothers me is this: 

When news leaked of Schiano's imminent hire on Nov. 26, a fan uprising put an end to Currie's plan, sent Tennessee on a whirlwind coaching search that included rejections from Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy, Purdue's Jeff Brohm, NC State's Dave Doeren and numerous others.

That Gundy rejected us is indisputable.  But my understanding is that Brohm was contacted and said he wasn't interested...not so much in Tennessee, but anywhere.  He just wasn't willing to leave Purdue after one year.  But take that with a grain of salt, because who knows what actually happened?  I don't trust the reporting on that one.  And the reporting on Doeren was even shakier.  It's a pretty sure thing that Tennessee talked to him, but little else has been reported by any reliable source.

There's a narrative out there that we made numerous actual offers (as opposed to feelers or even interviews) and that all these offers were turned down. I'm not sure there were any other serious offers other than Schiano and Gundy.  I'm tired of the perception that we were turned down by pretty much everyone, and I think the reporting on it is misleading.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 04:56:35 EST »

After the Schiano deal the media was out to discredit us in any way they could.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 11:44:32 EST »

The real important part of the MOU was that no one with signature authority at UT signed it so it was not legally binding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: