VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:27:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per reports Austin Thomas is onboard.  (Read 6257 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2017, 06:07:22 EST »

That's huge

LSU didn't want to lose him.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:00:34 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:34:58 EST »

Awesome.  I hope he's doing...uh, whatever it is he does with Cade Mays right now.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:07:33 EST »

Some light reading for anyone wanting to know more about why this is a big deal:

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSUs-31-year-old-GM-Austin-Thomas-is-changing-the-game-52160550
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 04:55:54 EST »

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Bolt/Arizona-State-athletic-director-blasts-Phillip-Fulmer-112297265?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=171215_141041_Tennessee%20Volunteers&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:57 EST »

WTF does that have to do with Austin Thomas?   

And the ASU AD can kiss my big orange arse. 

Let's see how the Herm Edwards experiment works out there.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:36 EST »

ASU AD desperate to deflect attention from his own chaos

https://nypost.com/2017/12/15/arizona-states-weird-herm-edwards-deal-is-already-a-mess/

I'll take Tennessee's situation over ASUs any day.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 11:18:08 EST »

Just pointing out the reasons a lot of folks do not want Fulmer no where close to Tennessee athletics at all.  I personally would just as soon have him as anyone else as AD. For now.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 11:38:43 EST »

Just pointing out the reasons a lot of folks do not want Fulmer no where close to Tennessee athletics at all.  I personally would just as soon have him as anyone else as AD. For now.

Well keep planting those seeds of doubt.

What is Saban going to do when his transgendered QB loses to Dabo twice in a row? Will the locker room explode? Will dissaffected players finally start spilling the beans on all the epic next level cheating?    
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:42:22 EST by BanditVol » Logged

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 03:40:25 EST »

Austin Price posted that the VQ mods are hearing that there may be a snag with the Austin Thomas deal. They are presently trying to determine if he has a signed MOU at this point in time (Saturday evening).
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 03:58:31 EST »

Austin Price posted that the VQ mods are hearing that there may be a snag with the Austin Thomas deal. They are presently trying to determine if he has a signed MOU at this point in time (Saturday evening).

Seen this on 3 different boards but nobody knows what the issue is. Makes no sense that he's left LSU and now there is some kind of issue here. Can UT ever do anything right? Maybe it's BS.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 04:17:44 EST »

Hubbs just posted (10:10 PM) that AT has NOT signed his MOU yet and that there is some concern that there are issues. Hubbs also reports that he will not be introduced with the other staff during the UK game tomorrow. 
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:36 EST »

Apparently he wanted the title “Austin of the House Thomas, the First of His Name, The Unburnt, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, King of Meereen, Khal of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Father of Dragons”.

From A to Z Sports:  "Tennessee wanted Thomas to have a typical Director of Player Personnel role. It seems Thomas wanted to run the football program much like an NFL GM, getting autonomy in areas that Phil Fulmer and Jeremy Pruitt weren’t comfortable with giving up. Those areas could include staff hires and staff management, along with all player personnel responsibilities."
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 10:36:54 EST »

Apparently he wanted the title “Austin of the House Thomas, the First of His Name, The Unburnt, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, King of Meereen, Khal of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Father of Dragons”.

From A to Z Sports:  "Tennessee wanted Thomas to have a typical Director of Player Personnel role. It seems Thomas wanted to run the football program much like an NFL GM, getting autonomy in areas that Phil Fulmer and Jeremy Pruitt weren’t comfortable with giving up. Those areas could include staff hires and staff management, along with all player personnel responsibilities."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 06:02:37 EST »

Yeah, honestly I don't blame Pruitt for not wanting to hand over everything like that to Thomas when this is his first HC gig.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 09:19:12 EST »

Yeah, honestly I don't blame Pruitt for not wanting to hand over everything like that to Thomas when this is his first HC gig.

Indeed, I wouldn't want it either if were him. I don't like the feel of it regardless, I hope that UT stays away from something like that

11B4PJ3F7
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 10:54:33 EST »

From what I am hearing, Thomas wanted way more control than he realistically should have been expected to have.  Jeremy Pruitt is the head coach.  Thomas wanted to make decisions that Pruitt needs to be making. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 12:58:38 EST »

If true, that is insane.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 01:19:07 EST »

From what I am hearing, Thomas wanted way more control than he realistically should have been expected to have.  Jeremy Pruitt is the head coach.  Thomas wanted to make decisions that Pruitt needs to be making. 

I don't see what the big deal is.  The last time we turned the entire football program over to a guy in his early thirties, it worked out splendidly. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 04:27:58 EST »

If true, that is insane.

Again, from what I have been hearing, Pruitt was never really on board with Thomas.  Thomas was basically pushed on Pruitt by Fulmer, and Pruitt wasn't receptive to what he was being asked to allow Thomas to do. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 04:48:47 EST »

Again, from what I have been hearing, Pruitt was never really on board with Thomas.  Thomas was basically pushed on Pruitt by Fulmer, and Pruitt wasn't receptive to what he was being asked to allow Thomas to do. 

Perhaps this is a good sign that Pruitt has the authority and control of the football program that we would want him to have, rather than the AD and boosters forcing things on him?  Just looking for a silver lining...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: