VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 09:31:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone really worried about this early signing period? I see the Vols are  (Read 4474 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:20:19 EST »

piling up the three star recruits today. Actually just three early signees so far today.  Hopefully the recruits come around for the Feb signing period. I hope there are not too many early signees anywhere in the country. Gives us a chance to get after them. Well crap, looking at some recruiting sites, the Buckeyes have 15 signed today, Bama has 17, Miami 11, UGa 10. Of UGa's 10 so far, 8 of them are either 4* or 5*. I am surprised there have been so many early signees. I guess the kids wanted to get it over with. Plus it allows the schools to put more efforts in getting the ones who haven't signed yet for the Feb signing day. It's kinda scary we only have three so far according to GOVOLS.Com.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:03:42 EST »

Thanks man. You are so awesome. Such a realist. A champion of life. A great #VFL who gives their all. Why does E.V.E.R.Y. S.I.N.G.L.E. one of your posts feel like the work of a troll? "We" are aware that things are not ideal. Thank you for your insight Captain Obvious! "We" need more fans like YOU! Kinda like who needs enemies with friends like you, champ! 
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 06:51:33 EST »

Fire Pruitt, look at those final four and top ten teams, they have blown him away in the early signing period.  

Wish I took the under on your first coach/staff disparaging post.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:38:27 EST by LouisVOL » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 06:58:11 EST »

Thanks man. You are so awesome. Such a realist. A champion of life. A great #VFL who gives their all. Why does E.V.E.R.Y. S.I.N.G.L.E. one of your posts feel like the work of a troll? "We" are aware that things are not ideal. Thank you for your insight Captain Obvious! "We" need more fans like YOU! Kinda like who needs enemies with friends like you, champ! 
As opposed to fans like you who made excuses for Jones ineptness for 5 years, which has led to the situation the program is now. I just go by what I see on the field, which showed Jones was not a good coach. Yet many just kept giving him free passes. Now it is just going to take a while to get the the ship righted. I think Pruitt will give it a better run than Jones did. Hopefully he can get the 4 and 5* recruits on board. If he doesn't, it's hard to expect him to beat teams like UGa and Bama that are getting a lot of 4 and 5* recruits.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:09 EST »

Fire Pruitt, look at those final four and top ten teams, they have blown him away in the early signing period.  

Wish I had took the under on your first coach/staff disparaging post.
[/quote
I didn't mean for it to sound disparaging. My point was that I was surprised so many kids were using the early signing period to sign. It is not Pruitts fault. I was just hoping there wouldn't be so many signing early  so he could get a shot at them in Feb. I think he will do fine. But this early signing period doesn't give him a fair shot. Out of 8 early signees for the Vols, 6 are 3*.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:18:23 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 07:04:38 EST »

Georgia has underachieved for years. I'll believe that is done when I see it for a while. More than just THIS year. Bama is Bama for now. They will at some point take a dip no matter how temporary. Nice gets with Jerome Carven & Jeremy Banks. Amirite? If the coaches like JT Shrout, I do too. They told the one qb to git. Not sure they didn't encourage Martinez as well. Idk & I don't care.  
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 07:14:34 EST »

Georgia has underachieved for years. I'll believe that is done when I see it for a while. More than just THIS year. Bama is Bama for now. They will at some point take a dip no matter how temporary. Nice gets with Jerome Carven & Jeremy Banks. Amirite? If the coaches like JT Shrout, I do too. They told the one qb to git. Not sure they didn't encourage Martinez as well. Idk & I don't care.  
If UGa gets Mays they will have recruited a nice OL group this class.
UGA signees
Owen Condon 3 * OT
Jake Camarda 3 * K
Warren Ericson 4 * C
Trey Hill 4* OG
Jamaree Salyer 5 * OG
Kearis Jackson 4 * WR
Divaad Wilson-- 4 * CB
James Cook 4* RB
Zamir White 5* RB ZEUS!!!!!
Azeez Ojulari 4* DE
Chris Smith 4* CB
Justin Fields 5* QB
Adam Anderson 5* DE
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:17:30 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 07:59:15 EST »

As they said on ESPN yesterday.....Judge Pruitt more come the Feb signing date because he basically had 1 week and a weekend to recruit.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:17:02 EST »

As opposed to fans like you who made excuses for Jones ineptness for 5 years, which has led to the situation the program is now. I just go by what I see on the field, which showed Jones was not a good coach. Yet many just kept giving him free passes. Now it is just going to take a while to get the the ship righted. I think Pruitt will give it a better run than Jones did. Hopefully he can get the 4 and 5* recruits on board. If he doesn't, it's hard to expect him to beat teams like UGa and Bama that are getting a lot of 4 and 5* recruits.
You are so full of yourself and BS. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 12:53:37 EST »

Well I'll be durned! Volsboy won't like #5 on this list 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-national-signing-day-winners-and-losers-from-the-early-signing-period/amp/
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 01:23:31 EST »

I wasn't trying to disparage Pruitt. He was just at an unfair advantage through no fault of his own. He will do fine. He has a lot of ground to make up considering what he has returning next year compared to UGa, Bama and Auburn. Who are all on the schedule. Take a breath.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 04:11:08 EST »

You are so full of yourself and BS. 

I just clicked the imaginary "like" button.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: