VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 11:49:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mount Up!  (Read 2643 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:19:26 EST »

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/12/30/vols-top-list-elite-2018-cornerback/

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:24:39 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 04:44:20 EST »

Yeah I heard about him dropping UCLA and being pursued by the Vols yesterday.  Great news that we are top of the list!  Man do we need help at CB...immediately.

Funny thing, some dumbass from Tennessee (yes we have those) called Finebaum yesterday and told him he "had read" that UT was last in the SEC in recruiting, and "whut we gonna do bout that, is thur enough players left afore th' next signin' day"?  (I say dumbass because Tennessee is not at the bottom of the SEC this year in recruiting  ).  True to form, never to let an opportunity to take a shot at his alma mater pass, Finebaum said there just weren't enough kids left and that Pruitt has a huge rebuilding job ahead of him.

Again...we are NOT last.   In spite of all the busts and transfers, we still have a fair amount of talent on hand (Kirkland, Hall, TK jr all coming back!), and the cupboard is nowhere near bare from the early signing day.

Another caller asked a two parter...was the SEC down and was there any chance UT could improve in the coming years?  Finebaum spoke at length about how we have to wait till the playoffs are over to judge the SEC and just completely ignored the UT question.

I know someohe who was in Hess Hall with Finebaum back in the day.   He said all Finebaum ever did was complain about UT.  What a fizzleing traitor. I say we burn him in effigy.  I'll bring the lighter!  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:06:48 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 04:55:24 EST »

Yeah I heard about him dropping UCLA and being pursued by the Vols yesterday.  Great news that we are top of the list!  Man do we need help at CB...immediately.

Funny thing, some dumbass from Tennessee (yes we have those) called Finebaum yesterday and told him he "had read" that UT was last in the SEC in recruiting, and "whut we gonna do bout that, is thur enough players left afore th' next signin' day"?  (I say dumbass because Tennessee is not at the bottom of the SEC this year in recruiting  ).  True to form, never to let an opportunity to take a shot at his alma mater pass, Finebaum said there just weren't enough kids left and that Pruitt has a huge rebuilding class ahead of him.

Again...we are NOT last.   In spite of all the busts and transfers, we still have a fair amount of talent on hand (Kirkland, Hall, TK jr all coming back!), and the cupboard is nowhere near bare from the early signing day.

Another caller asked a two parter...was the SEC down and was there any chance UT could improve in the coming years?  Finebaum spoke at length about how we have to wait till the playoffs are over to judge the SEC and just completely ignored the UT question.

I know someohe who was in Hess Hall with Finebaum back in the day.   He said all Finebaum ever did was complain about UT.  What fizzleing traitor. I say we burn him in effigy.  I'll bring the lighter!   

He's not even worth watching/listening to unless bammer has just lost a big game.  And even then, I'll just wait to hear Phyllis' call and then change the channel.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:57:45 EST »

Finebaum is the college sports version of Jerry Springer.
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 08:51:41 EST »

Yeah I heard about him dropping UCLA and being pursued by the Vols yesterday.  Great news that we are top of the list!  Man do we need help at CB...immediately.

Funny thing, some dumbass from Tennessee (yes we have those) called Finebaum yesterday and told him he "had read" that UT was last in the SEC in recruiting, and "whut we gonna do bout that, is thur enough players left afore th' next signin' day"?  (I say dumbass because Tennessee is not at the bottom of the SEC this year in recruiting  ).  True to form, never to let an opportunity to take a shot at his alma mater pass, Finebaum said there just weren't enough kids left and that Pruitt has a huge rebuilding job ahead of him.

Again...we are NOT last.   In spite of all the busts and transfers, we still have a fair amount of talent on hand (Kirkland, Hall, TK jr all coming back!), and the cupboard is nowhere near bare from the early signing day.

Another caller asked a two parter...was the SEC down and was there any chance UT could improve in the coming years?  Finebaum spoke at length about how we have to wait till the playoffs are over to judge the SEC and just completely ignored the UT question.

I know someohe who was in Hess Hall with Finebaum back in the day.   He said all Finebaum ever did was complain about UT.  What a fizzleing traitor. I say we burn him in effigy.  I'll bring the lighter!  

"Burn him in effigy" Effigy Ohio or Effigy Kansas???

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 11:52:25 EST »

Note the mention of linebacker Peterson---ranked in the top 5O players by 247---who also lists UT as no. 1 on his list. As you may know, that is a direct result of the relationship that current Bama defense coordinator (as we speak) has built with him over the past. Yes, the Tide had previously led for his services.

I wonder if there is another player associated with Alabama that may end up in Knoxville in current Tide safety Keaton Anderson. Since the Vol football team resides in a building named for his family, and his current coordinator is also the new head coach at UT, gotta think there is at least a chance he could possibly end up in Knoxville.

BG
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:53:59 EST by BGHarper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: