VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:07:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new stadium in Atlanta is really nice...  (Read 6051 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:10:59 EST »

...It's a damn shame that meteor is going to have to hit it this soon.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:36:30 EST »

Yep   

The score of the bammer game is impressive, but as usual their D bailed them out.  The first int leading to a score was a bit of a fluke.  Bammer did take advantage by scoring off it, but it also killed a good deal of Clemson momentum.

Oh well.  The silver lining is that our future HC did shut Clemson down.  This year.  Also since there is only a week to the final game, HCJP will be in Knoxville soon enough.  A bonus of bammer losing would have been an extra week on the 'cruiting trail for him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:44:30 EST »

Yep   

The score of the bammer game is impressive, but as usual their D bailed them out.  The first int leading to a score was a bit of a fluke.  Bammer did take advantage by scoring off it, but it also killed a good deal of Clemson momentum.

Oh well.  The silver lining is that our future HC did shut Clemson down.  This year.  Also since there is only a week to the final game, HCJP will be in Knoxville soon enough.  A bonus of bammer losing would have been an extra week on the 'cruiting trail for him.

Believe it's still the dead period?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 12:46:11 EST »

Believe it's still the dead period?

Oh.  When does that end?  Still, it would be better for him to be in Knoxville and at least finish building a staff, start reviewing personnel on hand, etc. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 01:02:12 EST »

Oh.  When does that end?  Still, it would be better for him to be in Knoxville and at least finish building a staff, start reviewing personnel on hand, etc. 

If the reports were true, just as the rumors were flying that Pruitt was getting the UT job some Vol sites were saying there was a minor snag to worked out. This was due to Fulmer wanting Pruitt full time in Knoxville immediately, while Pruitt was telling Fulmer he had a duty to his defensive players to coach them to the end since the national title was on the line.

Well, Jeremy P. 1 and P. Fuller 0

BG
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 01:10:30 EST »

If the reports were true, just as the rumors were flying that Pruitt was getting the UT job some Vol sites were saying there was a minor snag to worked out. This was due to Fulmer wanting Pruitt full time in Knoxville immediately, while Pruitt was telling Fulmer he had a duty to his defensive players to coach them to the end since the national title was on the line.

Well, Jeremy P. 1 and P. Fuller 0

BG

Phil's been there before.  Ole Miss hired Cutcliffe away a couple weeks before he was to lead our offense in the NC game, and he was demanded in Oxford right away.  At least it worked out, as we were still able to win with Sanders calling plays.

I'm not going to get all pissy about it, but I would've preferred that Pruitt stay in Knox fulltime.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 01:32:40 EST »

Phil's been there before.  Ole Miss hired Cutcliffe away a couple weeks before he was to lead our offense in the NC game, and he was demanded in Oxford right away.  At least it worked out, as we were still able to win with Sanders calling plays.

I'm not going to get all pissy about it, but I would've preferred that Pruitt stay in Knox fulltime.

The good news for you guys is the publicity he's getting. Young guys are watching these games and his name is being talked about favorably, well, at least until the next game. It will help UT, and I wonder how much that publicity would be worth in dollars.

When this was being reported I read where a Dawg fan said he wouldn't have wanted Kirby if he didn't feel strongly that he owed it to his players to stay until after the championship game. I agree.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 01:33:39 EST »

I look at this way............We've gone the past 8 years without a coach, what's one more week! 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:55:13 EST »

The dead period goes through January 11.  Really no big deal that Pruitt isn't in Knoxville at this point.  The assistants, other than Sherrer, are on the job. 

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18DIREC_BowlSubdivisionFootballRecruitingCalendar_20171116.pdf

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 02:02:27 EST »

FWIW, Pruitt will be coaching for the "visiting" team Monday night. Since they haven't been in this situation for almost forty years, and Bama has been several times just in the past few years, the Dawgs are buying up the tickets and driving the prices up to near $2,000  for a single ticket. Yes, they will drop but geez by how much?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 06:24:34 EST »

I look at this way............We've gone the past 8 years without a coach, what's one more week! 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 06:25:39 EST »

FWIW, Pruitt will be coaching for the "visiting" team Monday night. Since they haven't been in this situation for almost forty years, and Bama has been several times just in the past few years, the Dawgs are buying up the tickets and driving the prices up to near $2,000  for a single ticket. Yes, they will drop but geez by how much?

And it's in Hotlanta.   You will be hugely outnumbered I suspect, which is a bit unusual. 

I think the dawgies might just pull this off.   

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 04:16:14 EST »

And it's in Hotlanta.   You will be hugely outnumbered I suspect, which is a bit unusual. 

I think the dawgies might just pull this off.   

The Dawgs are very impressive. Highly impressed with their QB. He's the real deal.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 04:53:43 EST »

UGA won't come close to running the ball like they did against OU....Fromm won't beat Bama throwing. Bama wins their 47th national championship...or will it make it 48?
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 04:59:01 EST »

I say bama by 17

11B4PJ3F7
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:35 EST »

I say bama by 17

Geez, I wish! Did you see the the Tide against MSU and Auburn? If so, that's what I'm concerned with.

BTW, outside LB Jennings (had a dominant game against Clemson) is now officially out for the championship game due to injury, and offensive guard Cotten is doubtful.

Who would have ever thought that the one time Bama would play Georgia in the national championship game, the game would be played in freaking Atlanta? Are the planets lining up correctly for the Dawgs?

BG
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 05:18:31 EST »

From the overhead view of the new MB stadium, the view of the demolished Georgia Dome certainly looks like a meteor hit. Maybe one day soon, UT can play a championship game there before Atlanta blows that stadium up to build the next Taj Mahal stadium.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 09:17:38 EST »

UGA won't come close to running the ball like they did against OU....Fromm won't beat Bama throwing. Bama wins their 47th national championship...or will it make it 48?

the weakness uga has, bammer does, but worse. I'd take Fromm over Sharts any day.  

And let me add...although the bammer run game is impressive, dawgs far better at running the ball and about as good at stuffing it.  It's gonna be close IMO.

Although uga is not used to the big stage...they already choked against AU, might do it again.  I think it's a good matchup for them though.  Smart knows bammer better than any other opposing coach out there and Satan has complained about the lack of time to prepare...one of his few tells that he's seriously concerned and/or lining up an excuse ahead of time.

If bammer does lose, look for their mouthpiece Finebaum to lead off his Tuesday show with the topic "should there be more time to prepare for the college MNC game".  I'd put money on it.   
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:21:35 EST by BanditVol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 10:21:44 EST »

I take it back about the Uga D...they were only 20th in the country at 122 yards per game while bammer was no. 1 in run D at 92 ypg.  A significant advantage.

Then again, uga averaged 308 ypg rushing and bammer 252.  Looks like a wash to me...on paper.

So if the run game cancels out for both teams and is about the same, I'll still take Fromm over the transgendered QB any day.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: