VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:08:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And now K-Mac is leaving  (Read 5655 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:34:36 EST »

How is it that THIS shizzlety-ass team could have so many guys go pro?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:50:14 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 04:39:07 EST »

I don't get it.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:31:40 EST »

He might be the least ready to leave early player I can remember.

I read earlier that he has something like 3 1/2 sacks and 4 tackles for a loss in his 3 years combined. Just don't see this at all. I hope Pruitt in all his trying to help win Bama another championship has talked to these kids.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 06:35:36 EST »

He might be the least ready to leave early player I can remember.

I read earlier that he has something like 3 1/2 sacks and 4 tackles for a loss in his 3 years combined. Just don't see this at all. I hope Pruitt in all his trying to help win Bama another championship has talked to these kids.

I would think his Dad would know. He has underachieved no doubt.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 12:38:11 EST »

It sounds crazy, but best of luck to him.

Is it possible the thinking is he's healthy, and lack of production can be blamed on Butch? I'm not saying the latter is completely legit, just that it's an angle.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 03:18:10 EST »

In a related announcement, I will be running for president.  I will name Trump and Hillary as co-vice presidents, and then host a 7 night series of mud wrestling, 4 of 7 becomes permanent VP.  My cabinet will be an actual cabinet that I build in my garage, in which I will place three lab rats labeled "yes" and "no" and "get off my back.".  My platform will also be garage built, very narrow, and greased.  Last senator standing gets the only vote.  All of this makes exactly as much sense as K-Mac’s announcement.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 04:05:19 EST »

Wow.  He underachieved his entire career.  Nothing personal against him, but he's not ready.

I try not to be critical of players, but I have mentioned a few times we seem a bit soft at DL.  Honestly it might be an improvement.  Problem is, I'm not sure who we have behind him.

Very strange. I wonder if we are seeing a "Kamara effect" where every junior now thinks he, too, was underutilized and should go pro.   

A pro team may see him as a project.  He does have the requisite size and speed, and sometimes that's all they look at.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 09:41:08 EST »

He needs to move to the OL. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 12:48:58 EST »

Where can I contribute to your PAC Louis?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:26 EST »

As it is, he'll go down as one of our biggest busts in recent memory (at least among players who stayed out of trouble and didn't wash out due to off-field issues).  And that's a shame, because I think he could've done really well as the NG in Pruitt's 3-4 next year.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 03:25:03 EST »

His future is at nose in the 3-4 defense.....Take on double teams and take up space where he doesn't have to make many tackles or pressure the QB. He could have used a year in that system.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 04:05:34 EST »

His future is at nose in the 3-4 defense.....Take on double teams and take up space where he doesn't have to make many tackles or pressure the QB. He could have used a year in that system.

great point 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 09:28:36 EST »

First thing i thought as well.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 09:46:43 EST »

Very obvious answer...they massively underachieved this year.  (and yes, one can make a case for previous years, but not to this extent)

Which is good news. 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:56 EST »

The SEC as a whole still has great talent from top to bottom. Just a lot of bad coaching going on league wide. Anyone see anyone other than Bama and UGa in the SECCg next year. Hopefully the Vols can have a quick turn around. Some are already saying Mizzu will be tough in the East. I think the East will improve quickly with Mullen and Pruitt. UGa loses a lot of talent. They are set at QB though.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 12:40:26 EST »

The SEC as a whole still has great talent from top to bottom. Just a lot of bad coaching going on league wide. Anyone see anyone other than Bama and UGa in the SECCg next year. Hopefully the Vols can have a quick turn around. Some are already saying Mizzu will be tough in the East. I think the East will improve quickly with Mullen and Pruitt. UGa loses a lot of talent. They are set at QB though.

I will be very interested in how ole Derrick does at Mizzou.  Drew Lock just announced he is staying, so it could go well.  He might do better as an OC than HC.  But I hope not!   

https://www.rockmnation.com/2018/1/9/16870002/drew-lock-nfl-draft-missouri-2018

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: