VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:02:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've never been more ambivalent about a college football NC game...  (Read 2427 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2018, 10:21:27 EST »

On one hand there's Bama. I can pull for Bama over the tiglets because I really hate the tiglets but otherwise I shouldn't pull for Bama.

On the other hand there's Georgia. I've always said that I had rather beat UGA more than any other team (except the tiglets) because I know so many UGA fans. This place is swarming with them. If they win the NC the awfulness will be exceeded only when the tiglets win it.

I'll probably watch. But I probably won't be very interested.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 10:42:09 EST »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:38:25 EST »

On one hand there's Bama. I can pull for Bama over the tiglets because I really hate the tiglets but otherwise I shouldn't pull for Bama.

On the other hand there's Georgia. I've always said that I had rather beat UGA more than any other team (except the tiglets) because I know so many UGA fans. This place is swarming with them. If they win the NC the awfulness will be exceeded only when the tiglets win it.

I'll probably watch. But I probably won't be very interested.

I haven't watched a BCS title game since the Vols played and won.  Except for a few plays early in the Vandy game, and the last few minutes of the Army/Navy game, I didn't watch any college football on TV this season.  Tonight's game will be no different; I just have zero interest.  I'll learn who won when I access the internet tomorrow morning.  I'm seriously ready for some college lacrosse. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:21 EST »

I haven't watched a BCS title game since the Vols played and won.  Except for a few plays early in the Vandy game, and the last few minutes of the Army/Navy game, I didn't watch any college football on TV this season.  Tonight's game will be no different; I just have zero interest.  I'll learn who won when I access the internet tomorrow morning.  I'm seriously ready for some college lacrosse. 

I'm not nearly as far gone as you on this, but I am getting there.  I did watch every single Vol game this year, but I watched no other college game in it's entirety until bowl season, and I only watched those because of the contest.  I did watch the playoffs just for the sake of them though (would have watched without the contest).

But I am already thinking ahead to next season, and may record at least some Vol games and watch them on mostly fast forward.   

Although the degree of "meh" is far less with me, I find college football less appealing all the time.  I guess it's more of an under 40 obsession?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:42:48 EST »

I'm a huge....huge college football fan and I watch it during the season from 11am central till after midnight......Watched 99% of the bowl games.....watched the D2 playoffs and watched the D2 championship game Sat. between N. Dakota State and James Madison and I'll watched tonight. After tonight I'll go into by post season depression until next Sept.......I don't really get into college basketball until mid-late Feb and march.....I wouldn't walk across the street to see a NBA game if you gave me courtside tickets and I hadn't watched a total of 3 hours of NBA in the past 25 years.....Same with hockey and I don't really get into MLB until about Sept. because the season is too dang long.

So what I'll do after tonight's game which is my second favorite thing to do..........and that's  
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 12:47:24 EST »

I love CFB, but I also have work in the morning, and am on EST. Monday night championships are a terrible idea.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 12:55:21 EST »

I'm a huge....huge college football fan and I watch it during the season from 11am central till after midnight......Watched 99% of the bowl games.....watched the D2 playoffs and watched the D2 championship game Sat. between N. Dakota State and James Madison and I'll watched tonight. After tonight I'll go into by post season depression until next Sept.......I don't really get into college basketball until mid-late Feb and march.....I wouldn't walk across the street to see a NBA game if you gave me courtside tickets and I hadn't watched a total of 3 hours of NBA in the past 25 years.....Same with hockey and I don't really get into MLB until about Sept. because the season is too dang long.

So what I'll do after tonight's game which is my second favorite thing to do..........and that's  

I've been in my postseason depression since...oh, about early October.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 01:51:43 EST »

I want UGA to lose.  (Notice I didn't say I wanted Bama to win)   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: