VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:29:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach "Aight" is having a press conference at 1:30.*  (Read 2624 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:34 EST »

`
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:32 EST »

Enjoyed not hearing a presser full of cliches, excuses, and blaming fans and media for the program's shortcomings. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:49:03 EST »

He seemed to cut down on the "aights" as well.  Maybe he's gotten self-conscious after everyone made a big deal of it.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 12:08:19 EST »

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed not hearing a presser full of cliches, excuses, and blaming fans and media for the program's shortcomings. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:29:13 EST »

He seemed to cut down on the "aights" as well.  Maybe he's gotten self-conscious after everyone made a big deal of it.

Dang. I was thinking about getting a trademark on it for use on UT products and licensing it to the university.

Another good idea shot to hell.

I also had the idea of Chick-fil-a operating out of free standing stores instead of just in the malls years before they did it. I do not lie.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 01:14:13 EST »

Refreshing to see a guy that looks like a coach speak.....I stopped watching Botch's pressers after 2015....just couldn't stand listening or looking at him again.

I've already seen folks wearing shirts with Aight printed on the front.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 01:50:06 EST »

YESSS!  Whether he gets the results we all want remains to be seen, but at least we have a coach who knows what he's talking about.  It's pretty disturbing to think about how long it's been since we could say that.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 06:44:51 EST »

Pruitt has his work cut out for him. He is still a great hire when you consider the dumpster fire Curry created. He will do a good job. But I know fans, me especially, probably will expect too much too soon. Smart has made it tough on all new coaches in the SEC by going to the playoff his second year. I will give Pruitt three...lol . Damn Bama. Doesn't win the SEC and still wins the NC. I saw a statistic that is unreal. They haven't lost to an unranked team since ULM in 2007. They are 98-0 against unranked teams. Good teams should beat unranked teams. But that is crazy. To put it in perspective, in that timeframe, 10 years...no other P5 school has less than 9 losses to unranked teams. Saban has always had great staffs around him. How good does this staff Pruitt is assembling look?

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14:53 EST »

Pruitt has his work cut out for him. He is still a great hire when you consider the dumpster fire Curry created. He will do a good job. But I know fans, me especially, probably will expect too much too soon. Smart has made it tough on all new coaches in the SEC by going to the playoff his second year. I will give Pruitt three...lol . Damn Bama. Doesn't win the SEC and still wins the NC. I saw a statistic that is unreal. They haven't lost to an unranked team since ULM in 2007. They are 98-0 against unranked teams. Good teams should beat unranked teams. But that is crazy. To put it in perspective, in that timeframe, 10 years...no other P5 school has less than 9 losses to unranked teams. Saban has always had great staffs around him. How good does this staff Pruitt is assembling look?

Well...saban has made it tough for everyone the last 10 years (mandatory mention of "by cheating massively at recruiting" goes here  ).  What Kirby Smart did in his second year is impressive, but can he sustain it?  Not so long ago Gus Malzahn made it to the NC game in his FIRST YEAR, and this came after a 3-9 season.  And then fell off the map.  In fact, there were rumblings of him getting fired quite a bit this season, and without beating both uga and bammer he would have. 

Impressed by what Smart did this year...was really impressed by Malzahn also though.

One reason Smart might do better is that he is currently dominating recruiting the way saban does. Don't know how long that will last either.

I am tempted to hope that Smart had more to do with bammer recruiting success than saban over the years and that the reversal is permanent.  Except...that doesn[t really help us.

SEC is down everywhere but at the top, but man is it tough.  Toughest conference in Murica by a mile.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: