VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 06:32:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, Jennings could return...  (Read 2816 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:28:15 EST »

...according to this: https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/jeremy-pruitt-leaves-door-open-jauan-jennings-return-tennessee/.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 04:01:54 EST »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:44:10 EST »

If the coaches and team are willing to give him another chance, the fans have no say. It is not our call. If HC Pruitt establishes the return criteria and parameters to remain on the team, it will be up to Jennings to do them and walk the straight and narrow. A whole lot of fan response is based on a generation gap in which a lot of people just refuse to accept change into a new way of looking at life. Just because you would never do what he did on social media does not make him a social pariah. So if the coaches and team want to give him another chance with zero tolerance from this day forward, it will be OK.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 05:44:52 EST »

If the coaches and team are willing to give him another chance, the fans have no say. It is not our call. If HC Pruitt establishes the return criteria and parameters to remain on the team, it will be up to Jennings to do them and walk the straight and narrow. A whole lot of fan response is based on a generation gap in which a lot of people just refuse to accept change into a new way of looking at life. Just because you would never do what he did on social media does not make him a social pariah. So if the coaches and team want to give him another chance with zero tolerance from this day forward, it will be OK.

So you're saying there is substantial backlash from some fans?  If so, they need to STFU.  Everyone deserves a second chance.  It's not like he got drunk and killed someone with his car or got involved in a fight and seriously injured someone.  He just dropped a few f-bombs, which every coach on every staff in America probably does about a dozen times a day.

Or that's my $0.02 any way.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 06:15:25 EST »

If Jennings is provided a 2nd chance and he takes advantage of it and handles his affairs properly - GREAT - will support him fully. 
His history indicates that may be difficult t accomplish though.
I want him to succeed but have my doubts
OTOH I do not follow, nor trash players on social medial.  To me it would be rather unseemly

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 06:29:43 EST »

From what I see/hear, UT fans are jumping to the conclusion that it's a done deal that JJ is coming back.  From what I am hearing, it's far from a sure thing.  Again, hearing that there are several conditions that JJ is going to have to agree to, and that is is not done, and there are no guarantees that he will be back when all is said and done.  Still a lot of unhappy folks with the way he just walked away from the team when others in similar situations were still being good team mates. They all had the same crappy head coach.  That's not a valid excuse for JJ. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 06:39:57 EST »

From what I see/hear, UT fans are jumping to the conclusion that it's a done deal that JJ is coming back.  From what I am hearing, it's far from a sure thing.  Again, hearing that there are several conditions that JJ is going to have to agree to, and that is is not done, and there are no guarantees that he will be back when all is said and done.  Still a lot of unhappy folks with the way he just walked away from the team when others in similar situations were still being good team mates. They all had the same crappy head coach.  That's not a valid excuse for JJ. 

Agree....And I'm sure CJP will have a good talk with the entire team before any decision is made. There are some...as in more than 9-10 that don't want him around. Pruitt will be smart enough not to do something that might make the air in the locker room thick. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 12:11:36 EST »

At least he was kicked off, and didn't quit at midseason like Hurd.   Big difference IYAM.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: