VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 12:31:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any of you gamers played AC Origins yet?  (Read 1443 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2018, 01:29:37 EST »

I got it for Christmas and just started it yesterday.  And holy crap, this might be the biggest map I've ever seen in a game.   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:28:37 EST »

I also got it for Christmas.  I was skeptical because Syndicate never "grabbed" me, and I never completed it.  But I was hungry for a new game to draw me in and gave AC another chance and I'm really glad I did.  I didn't read anything about it beforehand so I really had no preconceptions at all... but I'm really digging it.  It's probably top 2-3 for me all time in the AC universe.

Yes, the world is HUGE and the fact that you can travel it end to end with no loading screens is amazing.  Though it's great you don't have to, the way they've incorporated the sync'd viewpoints and made them Fast Travel stations.. this is really handy.

The whole ancient Egypt theme is great, as it's a period of time with lots of mystery and interesting subject matter.  I'm level 24 now, but I'm taking my time and taking it in slowly.  I haven't scaled the Great Pyramids yet.. I've been kind of saving that lol.

Some may say that crafting is too easy/simple now but I like it this way, personally.

Great game!   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:35:36 EST »

I also got it for Christmas.  I was skeptical because Syndicate never "grabbed" me, and I never completed it.  But I was hungry for a new game to draw me in and gave AC another chance and I'm really glad I did.  I didn't read anything about it beforehand so I really had no preconceptions at all... but I'm really digging it.  It's probably top 2-3 for me all time in the AC universe.

Yes, the world is HUGE and the fact that you can travel it end to end with no loading screens is amazing.  Though it's great you don't have to, the way they've incorporated the sync'd viewpoints and made them Fast Travel stations.. this is really handy.

The whole ancient Egypt theme is great, as it's a period of time with lots of mystery and interesting subject matter.  I'm level 24 now, but I'm taking my time and taking it in slowly.  I haven't scaled the Great Pyramids yet.. I've been kind of saving that lol.

Some may say that crafting is too easy/simple now but I like it this way, personally.

Great game!   

I've only done a couple of the main missions.  When I play an RPG like this, I like to do all my grinding early and level up as much as I can.  So I've done some side missions and hit up all the viewpoints (that alone took a solid two days).  I'm at level 16.  Im getting a new TV and an XB1X with my tax refund.  Can't wait to see it in 4K HDR.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 02:41:53 EST »

Can't wait to see it in 4K HDR.

Very Nice!   

It really is a beautiful game already, that's going to be mind blowing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: