VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 04:35:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good road win by the Vols*  (Read 1670 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:11:16 EST »

`
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:16:06 EST »

Gritty.  I thought we would find a way to lose all the way up until Turner pulled down that last rebound.

Interesting that Barnes extended the bench early- Pons, Walker, Darrington usually only play in garbage time if at all, but they all got in in the first half and all contributed tonight.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:43:23 EST »

You took my thought/word... Gritty. If Walker & Pons step up, Vols could make a nice run imo.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 02:55:53 EST »

Note how our offense basically ground to a halt when Bone went to the bench with two fouls.  He's really our only guy capable of generating any ball movement and getting our bigs good looks in the paint.  With him out, we just stand around the perimeter and launch 3's as the shot clock runs down. 

That's why it's so important that we land Anfernee Simons for next year.  I really think we're one good ballhandler away from being a Final Four contender.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 03:43:08 EST »

It was a very solid win.  Junior might not be the most talented team, but they have a good coach and are hard to beat in Columbia.  I had this game as a tossup, so it's a good get.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 04:12:02 EST »

Good win...Just tough to win on the road in the SEC this season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: