VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 05:31:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sour grapes, or just being brutally honest?  (Read 2091 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 22, 2018, 02:41:37 EST »

Tee Martin
@coachtee17
#TomBrady is the G.O.A.T. ! No debating that!

I don't have a problem with people proclaiming Brady as the greatest of all time because he's built a solid resume for that claim. I don't consider him to be, because I consider it to be an individual honor and a lot of Tom Brady's success is about the coaching and talent around him. (See the Pats' record without him vs. the Colts' record without Manning, for instance.)

But for Tee to take to Twitter to not only make such a proclamation but to add the end-of-story reasoning is...interesting. I get that he's pissed he didn't get an interview at UT (though it was absolutely the right move by UT), and I get that it would be hard to swallow if the reports of Peyton throwing up roadblocks in his path are accurate. But he's getting the Twitter reaction he should've expected.

I wasn't quiet about my opinion that he would've been an abject failure as a big-time college head coach, but frankly at this point I'm also glad we didn't hire him as OC.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:08:41 EST »

You pretty much hit on why I have said all along that Tee will never coach at UT.  Been told that he resents not being as popular with UT fans as is Peyton Manning.  Apparently he feels like winning the national championship should trump anything Manning did during his career. 

And it's too bad that is the case.  Tee has, or at least had before he pulled his stunt when he came in to interview with our former MAC level coach, a lot of folks around the program who think the world of him.  It's too bad Tee is bitter over what he perceives as a slight to him. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 03:29:55 EST »

You pretty much hit on why I have said all along that Tee will never coach at UT.  Been told that he resents not being as popular with UT fans as is Peyton Manning.  Apparently he feels like winning the national championship should trump anything Manning did during his career. 

And it's too bad that is the case.  Tee has, or at least had before he pulled his stunt when he came in to interview with our former MAC level coach, a lot of folks around the program who think the world of him.  It's too bad Tee is bitter over what he perceives as a slight to him. 

If he thinks that he should be as popular as P Manning because of the national championship, he has selective memory. He had, at best, an average arm. He had a set of wheels, no doubt, but the close call with Syracuse falls on his shoulders. Arkansas too.

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:38:38 EST »

Put Brady on those Colts teams that didn't play much defense and get back with me Tee.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:23:54 EST »

A fact that is all too often neglected is that Peyton has a winning record vs. Brady when it matters....in the playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady%E2%80%93Peyton_Manning_rivalry

Yes, Brady has a commanding lead in the regular season, but who cares?  When it was on the line, Peyton prevailed.

It's ironic that Peyton is the one known as the "big game choker" or is subject to "what did he ever do anyway" tag lines.   And yet he won two Super Bowls, and is the only starting QB in NFL history to do it with two different teams.   

Disclaimer:  I know it wasn't really Peyton vs. Brady as there were 21 other players on the field with each of them, but it's always discussed this way by fans and media so si fueris Rōmae, Rōmānō vīvitō mōre 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: