VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:12:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conditional reinstatement of Jennings now official per Trey Wallace  (Read 2105 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:53 EST »

Important point...it's conditional.  He's on a short leash and I am sure CJP will hold him to it.

I don't like what he did either, but if you look at what he was accused of, other than the very obvious offensive video, it was two things.  Not going to practice while injured and blowing off some of his re-hab.

What I find lacking in the criticism is whether it was an official team policy that you HAD to do either of those things, or if they were treated as optional.  If it was a policy and it was not enforced, that's on the coaches, not Jennings.

If the practices (and for that matter re-hab) were considered optional, then who GAS anyway?   I know some do.  I can see that point of view and why one would take it, but I don't see it as a big deal.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:34:00 EST »

Important point...it's conditional.  He's on a short leash and I am sure CJP will hold him to it.

I don't like what he did either, but if you look at what he was accused of, other than the very obvious offensive video, it was two things.  Not going to practice while injured and blowing off some of his re-hab.

What I find lacking in the criticism is whether it was an official team policy that you HAD to do either of those things, or if they were treated as optional.  If it was a policy and it was not enforced, that's on the coaches, not Jennings.

If the practices (and for that matter re-hab) were considered optional, then who GAS anyway?   I know some do.  I can see that point of view and why one would take it, but I don't see it as a big deal.

there were other "incidents" as well

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:24:19 EST »

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2018/01/23/tennessee-vols-football-jauan-jennings-rant-phillip-fulmer-jeremy-pruitt-ut-volunteers/1054565001/

"He's got a lot to do to prove that he wants to be on this football team," Fulmer said on "The Erik Ainge Show" on WNML. "If history has any kind of truth to it, he won't make it with what he's done before. But if he changes and listens and learns and everything, then he'll get there in the fall. It's up to him. He can't blame any other coaches. He can't blame anybody else. It's up to him."

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 04:39:44 EST »

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2018/01/23/tennessee-vols-football-jauan-jennings-rant-phillip-fulmer-jeremy-pruitt-ut-volunteers/1054565001/

"He's got a lot to do to prove that he wants to be on this football team," Fulmer said on "The Erik Ainge Show" on WNML. "If history has any kind of truth to it, he won't make it with what he's done before. But if he changes and listens and learns and everything, then he'll get there in the fall. It's up to him. He can't blame any other coaches. He can't blame anybody else. It's up to him."

This statement above seems to sum it up nicely.  I'm glad he is at least getting some kind of second chance, and I'm willing to cut him some slack considering what a hot mess CBJ appeared to be with some of his players.  Good luck to the young man - I hope he can make it right and get on the right path.  It's never too late to change; it's just a hard thing to do.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 06:25:22 EST »

This statement above seems to sum it up nicely.  I'm glad he is at least getting some kind of second chance, and I'm willing to cut him some slack considering what a hot mess CBJ appeared to be with some of his players.  Good luck to the young man - I hope he can make it right and get on the right path.  It's never too late to change; it's just a hard thing to do.

Pirate alluded to it above.  Jennings' problems are 100% Jennings issues.  I certainly was no fan of the MAC level coach, but Jennings' issues are not of his making. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: