VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:15:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Vols look lazy.  (Read 2825 times)
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2018, 08:44:48 EST »

No box outs. No hustle. Bad shot selections. Poorly coached. 
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:49:11 EST »

outhustled on every rebound and every loose ball--plus missed more layups than most teams miss in a season.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 05:26:22 EST »

A sorry effort for sure.  I actually watched for once. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:54 EST »

LVs won in the early season against some weak teams.....When they started facing teams with talent and actual coaching then the Holly factor comes into play.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:07:56 EST »

I struggle to watch them because they are so poorly coached.   And they are not showing improvement through the season, which you would expect with the freshmen they have playing this year......nope, coaching change needs to happen, but I don't expect it anytime soon.   Holly just can't get it done as a head coach.....

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:55:56 EST »

I wonder if it's Holly's coaching or the rapport she has with the team. Assistants included. How could anyone that coached under Pat for so long not know what to do in practice to prepare for games or make game adjustments ? It's baffling.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 10:06:56 EST »

I wonder if it's Holly's coaching or the rapport she has with the team. Assistants included. How could anyone that coached under Pat for so long not know what to do in practice to prepare for games or make game adjustments ? It's baffling.

It doesn't look to me like the X/Os are questionable, although one might question the rotation (6 players getting most of the minutes).  But from the one game I've seen this year, and the couple near the end of last season, the team looks uninspired and unmotivated.  Not sure what the issue is, but they just seem either to lack effort or be really tentative.  I guess they don't fear Holly's boot in their backside the way they feared Pat's.   

Holly in her presser looked kind of like she is giving up. 

She needs to shake things up, and in a hurry! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 10:29:10 EST »

Holly played the good cop too long under PHS to change to the bad cop. She's too goodie goodie for the players to take her serious when she tries to be tough which is seldom anyway. She has no motivational skills. They showed one of her locker room pregame speeches a couple of weeks ago during the TV broadcasts in a game we lost and looked uninspired......I've seen and heard better motivational speeches at a funeral.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 11:01:32 EST »

Holly played the good cop too long under PHS to change to the bad cop. She's too goodie goodie for the players to take her serious when she tries to be tough which is seldom anyway. She has no motivational skills. They showed one of her locker room pregame speeches a couple of weeks ago during the TV broadcasts in a game we lost and looked uninspired......I've seen and heard better motivational speeches at a funeral.

Sounds spot on.

But you know, it's not just being a hard case.  Lombardi supposedly knew when someone needed a pat on the backside or a kick.  Sounds like Holly only has one half of it, unfortunately.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 11:46:53 EST »

But what would it take for her to be fired? She will win a few in the tourney and the question will be (again) who do you replace her with that will be better? My Uncle knows a lot about basketball and goes to all the home games. He insists she doesn't use the talent right. I tend to believe him. My sister is the same way. I just don't get to watch them enough to have that kind of opinion.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: