VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 04:47:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My God, the Grammys suck.  (Read 3579 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:03 EST »

And it's not that I'm getting old- I loved this show up until about 2-3 years ago.

Nevermind all the vapid political grandstanding.  The closest thing they've had to a "rock" performance tonight was freaking U2.  That's it.  One.  And it was a crap performance from a band that hasn't been relevant in nearly 20 years.

Even the awards for rock categories were presented off-air.

If I wanted to watch the BET awards...I'd watch BET.  If that makes me racist, well, sorry not sorry.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 04:41:40 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:05:10 EST »

Rock is basically DEAD, and has been for a while.  I know there are good, new rock bands out there, but they are few and far between.  Proof in what I am saying lies in 60 and 70 year old dudes being out there touring right now and raking in boatloads of cash while doing it.  Hell, even Poco is touring.  Nothing lasts forever.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 04:24:43 EST »

Ratings down 20% from last year.  Folks have just had enough. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:26:00 EST »

I've never liked them so....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 06:04:07 EST »

I haven't watched any award shows in years and won't. Have no use for people who live in the make believe world telling people in the real world what to think and believe.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 06:48:25 EST »

that has to put them right smack dab in the middle of the single digits then.....

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:38:45 EST »

And they had less competition this year, too.  The past couple years, they've gone head to head against the Pro Bowl and The Walking Dead midseason premiere.  So to drop that sharply without any meaningful competition says a lot.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 02:39:48 EST »

Oh lookie.  Even though this year's Grammys show basically amounted to an off-year Democratic National Convention, apparently it wasn't political enough for some, because most of the major awards were won by men.  Nevermind the fact that Adele, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift have absolutely dominated the Grammys over the past 5+ years.  In fact, Adele won more Grammys just last year than Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Nirvana combined for their entire careers.  But by all means, keep advancing the narrative.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-grammys-diversity-20180130-story.html

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 06:36:21 EST »

Didn't watch. But heard there was a #metoo jerk fest part followed by a 50 shades commercial. They'll never see the irony.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 10:09:56 EST »

Didn't watch. But heard there was a #metoo jerk fest part followed by a 50 shades commercial. They'll never see the irony.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 10:12:30 EST »

Oh lookie.  Even though this year's Grammys show basically amounted to an off-year Democratic National Convention, apparently it wasn't political enough for some, because most of the major awards were won by men.  Nevermind the fact that Adele, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift have absolutely dominated the Grammys over the past 5+ years.  In fact, Adele won more Grammys just last year than Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Nirvana combined for their entire careers.  But by all means, keep advancing the narrative.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-grammys-diversity-20180130-story.html

What just KILLS me about all this is, if men are "dominating" women, how did that come to be?  If women don't want to be "dominated", why don't they just all go off and found their own organization that "dominates" men?

If they have to complain about being perceived as not measuring up, doesn't that perpetuate the stereo type they are supposedly fighting? 

Don't like something?  Change it!  Or ask men to change it for you, because.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: