VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 02:08:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like the NFL got what it wanted in regards to all the rules changes in the  (Read 1765 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:06:15 EST »

last 20 years. The Super Bowl looked like the Pro Bowl with a better halftime show. I guess good defense will be a thing of the past. One of the most important facets of the game is not emphasized much any more. Belichick is one of best defensive minds in the game. Go figure. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the game or find it entertaining, it was a very good game. But I also like to see games where the defense dominates like Denver did against Carolina a couple of years ago. I understand that it was two good offenses operating pretty well, but dang, Philly was supposed to have a good defense. Neither team stopped the other.  If I want an XBox type game I will play XBox. What do you think? 

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 09:02:20 EST »

Offense puts fans in the stands and that's what the NFL wants for the fans and TV fans to experience looks like. I didn't come up....play or coach in this X-box world and I don't much care for it.....I like a good man on man 21-17 type game but the X-box generation now would be bored to tears. But now you can't much more than touch the QB or a DB can't much more than touch a WR without a flag so they are showing they want more points scored.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 09:16:03 EST »

last 20 years. The Super Bowl looked like the Pro Bowl with a better halftime show. I guess good defense will be a thing of the past. One of the most important facets of the game is not emphasized much any more. Belichick is one of best defensive minds in the game. Go figure. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the game or find it entertaining, it was a very good game. But I also like to see games where the defense dominates like Denver did against Carolina a couple of years ago. I understand that it was two good offenses operating pretty well, but dang, Philly was supposed to have a good defense. Neither team stopped the other.  If I want an XBox type game I will play XBox. What do you think? 
NE has been fairly unstoppable on offense.  Brady really does run a  well tuned instrument there.  If you can't pressure him, forget it they are going to score.  Part of me suspects bellicheat figured out a new way to steal sigs, but who knows?

The Philly success a bit more surprising but NE d has been mediocre the past few years.  They over acheived down the stretch, but even Jax had no trouble scoring on them, let alone Philly. I think the Brady era is finally over.  Brady has announced he's coming back, but the NE defense ain't gonna miraculously improve unless bellicheat makes some big off season moves, and the drain of Brady on the salary cap prevents that.

It's worth noting that Brady ran off a really good back up QB.  He obviously wants no challengers next year, and rumors of he and bellicheat disagreeing are likely true. 

Wheels might finally fall off that bus next year.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:52:04 EST »

Yep, 8 trips to the SB. They really suck. However, the AFC is down a lot. New England had an easier path to the SB than Philly did. The NFC is tough. AFC is Pittsburg and NE as the only two really good teams.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 04:15:04 EST »

Yep, 8 trips to the SB.

Never said they suck, present tense. I'm saying there's a good chance they will next year.   

I think next year might be it for B n B.  Odds are they both retire and Josh McDaniel takes over.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: