VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 12:43:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting Barnes stat  (Read 2353 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:22:16 EST »

Rick Barnes vs. Kentucky: 4-4
Rick Barnes vs. John Calipari: Barnes leads, 5-4

Since Barnes is 3-2 against UK while at UT, that means he was 2-1 vs. Kentucky at Texas and beat Calipari somewhere else, likely when he was at Memphis.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:25 EST »

I'll go ahead and give the source.  A lot more interesting stuff in here:

http://utsports.com/news/2018/2/5/mens-basketball-hoops-central-15-tennessee-at-24-kentucky.aspx

This is the Vols 224th game against UK 

We have beaten UK more than any other team

Haven't won in Rupp since 2006 (but I like our chances)

Barnes has almost as many wins as Calipari (669 vs. 652)

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:51 EST »

One I meant to add

As Bernard King walked off the court at Memorial Gym after a deflating 88-82 loss on Jan. 13, 1975, a Kentucky fan flipped a lit cigarette into the Tennessee legend's hair. Outraged, King vowed he would never lose to Kentucky again. He vigorously carried out that promise, finishing his career 5-1 against the Wildcats.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:35:00 EST »

I'll go ahead and give the source.  A lot more interesting stuff in here:

http://utsports.com/news/2018/2/5/mens-basketball-hoops-central-15-tennessee-at-24-kentucky.aspx

This is the Vols 224th game against UK 

We have beaten UK more than any other team

Haven't won in Rupp since 2006 (but I like our chances)

Barnes has almost as many wins as Calipari (669 vs. 652)

I don't expect to win tonight.  If anything, this is actually a bigger game for UK than it is for us.  Cal actually sounded desperate on twitter the other day begging the fans to be loud.  They're been inconsistent, but they can look as good as any team in the country on any given night.  And obviously, they are much, much, MUCH more talented than we are.  If we can beat them under these circumstances it will say a lot. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 01:46:18 EST »

This is some ugly basketball.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 01:49:43 EST »

They actually have more fouls than we do.  In Rupp.  I expect to pay dearly for that in the 2nd half.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 04:19:12 EST »

I don't expect to win tonight.  If anything, this is actually a bigger game for UK than it is for us.  Cal actually sounded desperate on twitter the other day begging the fans to be loud.  They're been inconsistent, but they can look as good as any team in the country on any given night.  And obviously, they are much, much, MUCH more talented than we are.  If we can beat them under these circumstances it will say a lot. 

well I hope you are pleasantly surprised    

Other than the usual couple of ticky tack fouls on Williams, the refs were surprisingly fair 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: