VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 01:59:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this crazy or what? Jimmy Garoppolo just signed a 5 year 137.5 M contract.  (Read 1547 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:20:04 EST »

Not bad for a guy that threw 7 Td's and 5 ints last season. The Super Bowl MVP is scheduled to make 6M next season. Do you think that contract for Jimmy G is a little "too much too soon". Shouldn't they at least wait until he's played 1 full season or appeared in a playoff game. If he doesn't produce, this deal will haunt them for years.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:22:08 EST »

I'm no sports contract expert but I do know that in order for the contract to pay that full amount it includes a number of incentives as in playoffs, super bowl, and individual "motivators".... He is obviously paid very well but the full value on sports contracts is rarely paid.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:25:21 EST »

The signing bonus, and the base salary are closer to the actual value of the contract.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 06:10:49 EST »

A measly $74 Mill Is all that is guaranteed.    I am thinking of starting a crowdfunding effort to help him out.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 04:53:03 EST »

Brady likely helped run Jimmy G off, which is really funny  

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: