VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:20:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If this bracket comes to pass...  (Read 5323 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2018, 01:44:27 EST »

I'll be picking UT all the way to the final four.  Other than UVa, nobody scares me in our region.  And I think we match up pretty well with UVa.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 02:45:14 EST »

What a fun year it's been so far.  It'll be interesting how the respond @Bama.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:26:21 EST »

What a fun year it's been so far.  It'll be interesting how the respond @Bama.

We're certainly set up for a letdown game.  But I think this team is mentally tougher than that.  We may lose (bammer is arguably a better team than UK), but it won't be because we didn't come to play.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:41 EST »

We're certainly set up for a letdown game.  But I think this team is mentally tougher than that.  We may lose (bammer is arguably a better team than UK), but it won't be because we didn't come to play.

What I enjoy is this team wins with D.  They also play "smart basketball" because they share the ball so well.  67% assist percentage is huge when the next nearest team is light years below them.  In tight games sharing the ball helps get better shots. 

Also notable is that the SEC has 8 teams in that bracket.  But if you look at the bracket is UK seeded to high as a 5 seed?  I think so but then I do hate the Big Blue Nation with a passion!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:02:33 EST »

Whodda thunk that the men's team could go farther in the tournament than the women's at the beginning of the season? I'm just scared one of "those" games i.e Arkansas, where they underachieve rears it's ugly head early in the tourney. Overall though, this team has been pretty impressive. 

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:41:38 EST »

Whodda thunk that the men's team could go farther in the tournament than the women's at the beginning of the season? I'm just scared one of "those" games i.e Arkansas, where they underachieve rears it's ugly head early in the tourney. Overall though, this team has been pretty impressive. 
I did - noo matter what the men did I knew Holly's ability wasn't up to the standard required for a deep run

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 06:50:36 EST »

I did - noo matter what the men did I knew Holly's ability wasn't up to the standard required for a deep run

This^.......Holly has no business leading the LV program unless all you want is under achievers. But some fans are fans of Holly and not fans of the program. They love Holly more than competing for championships.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 08:11:56 EST »

This^.......Holly has no business leading the LV program unless all you want is under achievers. But some fans are fans of Holly and not fans of the program. They love Holly more than competing for championships.

I don't know where those fans are.  It seems most are overwhelmingly negative about her.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 08:48:35 EST »

I don't know where those fans are.  It seems most are overwhelmingly negative about her.

Then you need to venture to some LVs basketball only boards. The blue hairs and cat women will shoot you down if you say one thing negative about Holly. It's always the players fault to that segment.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 09:16:40 EST »

Lady Vol comparisons aside, I think anyone who paid attention last year knew this mens' team would be good.  Maybe not THIS good, but the point stands.  Remember, they were squarely on the bubble and trending upward last year when all the injuries hit and the season went down the crapper.  And they returned most of the key pieces from that team.  When I saw they were picked 13th in the league, I just laughed.  That just showed how lazy the sports media can be.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 11:18:52 EST »

Then you need to venture to some LVs basketball only boards. The blue hairs and cat women will shoot you down if you say one thing negative about Holly. It's always the players fault to that segment.

Oh okay.

Well I'll say this...the rally against Tamu the other day was nice, and if that was the norm, we would be in much better shape.

I guess we'll see how this season pans out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 12:03:24 EST »

Hey hey I resemble that remark.. although my hair is white,  not blue.😂😂😂    Holly needs to GO!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 01:07:04 EST »

Welp.  Guess I was wrong.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 01:09:06 EST »

Welp.  Guess I was wrong.

Sort of expected this, but was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 01:15:41 EST »

Sort of expected this, but was hoping to be pleasantly surprised.   

Just standing flat-footed on D and letting them dribble right on by.  Barnes will be cracking some skulls this week.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 01:20:16 EST »

If I didn't know better, I'd think that all our players had 4 fouls and were trying not to foul out.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 02:01:24 EST »

They must have been reading their press.

They aren't good enough to just walk out on the court and win a game. In fact, their hard play through the season is what got them this far. And, Bama was ready. They looked quicker than anyone I've seen this year.

Shake it off and get back to business.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 02:05:29 EST »

Didn't feel good about this game all week.....I thought we had a better chance of beating KY at KY than we did beating Bama at Bama.....We don't match up well with Bama and we seem to never play well down there.

I've tried to hold down my excitement on our basketball team because I know this team can go South in a hurry if they don't bring their A game....Been a great season but won't be surprised if we lose some more and our history in the SECT isn't very good. We need to understand we are now the hunted and not the hunter.....we aren't use to being the hunted and we need to man up because it only gets harder. Bama punched us in the mouth early and we never responded..
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 05:50:15 EST »

They must have been reading their press.

They aren't good enough to just walk out on the court and win a game. In fact, their hard play through the season is what got them this far. And, Bama was ready. They looked quicker than anyone I've seen this year.

Shake it off and get back to business.

Yeah, I think all the talk of a no. 1 seed and so forth was very premature. 

I was expecting a few losses in the last 8 games and was pleasantly surprised that we beat UK in Rupp.  But...this year's UK team is the worst in years, maybe Calipari's worst at UK, so while winning in Rupp was a great accomplishment, it doesn't mean the rest of the teams on our schedule will just roll over.

Still very pleased with this team doing so well after they were picked to finsh 13.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: