VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:15:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: south carolina not a given  (Read 2077 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:22 EST »

They upset us in Knoxville a couple years ago, so it can happen.

I am hoping the bammer game was an anomaly...a let down after the big win at UK. 

And that at home tomorrow night the team beats Junior decisively.  If so, I will feel very good about the rest of the season.

We are almost a lock for the tourney, but the team has six game left.  Can't just show up and win any of them.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 04:38:19 EST »

UGA at UGA isn't a given either and we don't always play well there .......Miss State at State will be a tough one.....Florida....Ole Miss can be tough to beat there. If we don't bring our A game I can see 4-2 or 3-3.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 06:24:53 EST »

UGA at UGA isn't a given either and we don't always play well there .......Miss State at State will be a tough one.....Florida....Ole Miss can be tough to beat there. If we don't bring our A game I can see 4-2 or 3-3.

Agree with all.  I had us pegged at 11-7 in the SEC before beating UK.  We are currently 8-4 with 6 games left.

I think 12-6 is a reasonable guess, and far better than we were projected to do.

You can't understate beating Kentucky in Rupp, that was huge.  Only the 7th time we have won there, which is actually surprising.

But...I think UK is not that great this year and the win might have inflated expectations a bit.  I will be happy with 12-6, but really hope we do better.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:56:54 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:32 EST »

South Carolina, men's and women's team have had a lot of controversy lately. Men's coach with the SEC refs. Women's team fighting with Mizzou and racial accusations. We ought to beat them.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:50:30 EST »

Agree with all.  I had us pegged at 11-7 in the SEC before beating UK.  We are currently 8-4 with 6 games left.

I think 12-6 is a reasonable guess, and far better than we were projected to do.

You can't understate beating Kentucky in Rupp, that was huge.  Only the 7th time we have won there, which is actually surprising.

But...I think UK is not that great this year and the win might have inflated expectations a bit.  I will be happy with 12-6, but really hope we do better.

A little tidbit I didn't know until I read it after the Bama game....I said all week leading up to the game that we seem to never play well at Bama no matter our coach or our players...how good we are or how bad Bama is. We are 18-45 all time against Bama at Bama. That's just unreal!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 03:26:42 EST »

A little tidbit I didn't know until I read it after the Bama game....I said all week leading up to the game that we seem to never play well at Bama no matter our coach or our players...how good we are or how bad Bama is. We are 18-45 all time against Bama at Bama. That's just unreal!

I've noticed over the years we usually lose down there, and often by a large margin, but that is worse than I would have thought!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: