VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 12:42:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burn, baby, burn.  (Read 2319 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:01:22 EST »

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.

Judging by our recruiting rankings under Barnes, I would doubt that we are one of those teams.  And if we ARE cheating, we're doing it wrong.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-college-hoops-corruption-case-poised-take-hall-fame-coaches-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:21:49 EST »

From the article:

What would happen if the information under protective order were to be released before the NCAA selection show on March 11?  A source who has been briefed on the case laughed: “You might see Tennessee-Chattanooga as a No. 2 seed.”
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:35:49 EST »

Maybe Ky and Calipari and a few others will finally get their due.......we shall see!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:55:08 EST »

It's about time something like this happened, and it should be repeated for football, though I am not holding my breath.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:13:42 EST »

It's about time something like this happened, and it should be repeated for football, though I am not holding my breath.

If the FBI has been "watching" all this time, then I don't see how they haven't come across some dirty dealings with schools' football programs too.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 02:55:44 EST »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/pete-thamel-tells-paul-finebaum-stunned-bruce-pearl-survives-coach-auburn-next-season/

“I would be stunned if Bruce Pearl is the Auburn coach next year,” Thamel said to the question. “I can’t wrap my mind around the sense that he will be back.”

Considering Thamel appears to have some inside knowledge regarding the FBI’s findings into the current state of corruption inside college basketball, his opinion likely holds more weight than many others.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 10:12:24 EST »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/pete-thamel-tells-paul-finebaum-stunned-bruce-pearl-survives-coach-auburn-next-season/

“I would be stunned if Bruce Pearl is the Auburn coach next year,” Thamel said to the question. “I can’t wrap my mind around the sense that he will be back.”

Considering Thamel appears to have some inside knowledge regarding the FBI’s findings into the current state of corruption inside college basketball, his opinion likely holds more weight than many others.

I certainly won't shed a tear.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: