VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:13:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is the usual Friday reminder....  (Read 1664 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2018, 02:48:22 EST »

I will be leaving the office at 11:30 today. I probably need to take a nap to prepare for the time change.

Thank you. That is all. Carry on.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 05:16:16 EST »

You had to ruin my day reminding me of the time change!!! I freaking hate the time change and this one tomorrow is the worse. I've read several articles that Florida is on the verge of keeping the same time all year round and it looks like it will pass. I lived in Florida for several years....I just might move back just for the time thing. Makes zero sense changing the time.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:49:14 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 05:47:29 EST »

You had to ruin my day reminding me of the time change!!! I freaking hate the time change and this one tomorrow is the worse. I've read several articles that Florida is on the verge of keeping the same time all year round and it looks like it will pass. I live in Florida for several year....I just might move back just for the time thing. Makes zero sense changing the time.

But the time change Florida is gonna keep is DST...which we're going to tomorrow. 

I agree with year-round DST, by the way. It would make for a ridiculously late sunrise in the winter, but I'm not a morning person so that's okay with me. I hate early darkness...sunset at 6:30 instead of 5:30 in December sounds good to me. There's another move afoot that would eliminate DST entirely, which I would hate to see.

Tennessee also has a bill in the works that would mean year-round DST, btw. It's bogged down in committee and unlikely to pass this year, but if Congress approves Florida's bill, it could be revived next year.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 05:56:08 EST »

But the time change Florida is gonna keep is DST...which we're going to tomorrow. 

I agree with year-round DST, by the way. It would make for a ridiculously late sunrise in the winter, but I'm not a morning person so that's okay with me. I hate early darkness...sunset at 6:30 instead of 5:30 in December sounds good to me. There's another move afoot that would eliminate DST entirely, which I would hate to see.

Tennessee also has a bill in the works that would mean year-round DST, btw. It's bogged down in committee and unlikely to pass this year, but if Congress approves Florida's bill, it could be revived next year.

I've been hoping if Florida makes the change then others states will follow. One article I read said if Florida makes the change it might bring all the panhandle into the eastern time zone....The panhandle west of Tallahassee is currently on the central zone. I hope Tennessee goes forward with this and was disappointed it fell through last time.....IIRC the major issues was folks in East Tn. that work in Georgia and vice versa it would be a major confusion issue? Maybe now if Florida goes through with it Georgia will follow through.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 07:32:33 EST »

agree with regards to DST

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 07:44:23 EST »

Here in the county I live in the high schools start at 7:05am.....Come Monday their bodies will be telling them it's 6:05am.

I had a hard time getting to my first HS class at 8am.....After about 10 times being late to my first period class my senior year my football coach who was the asst. principal lit my backside up. If I'd had to be there at 7am he might as well of shot me.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 08:51:07 EST »

Here in the county I live in the high schools start at 7:05am.....Come Monday their bodies will be telling them it's 6:05am.

I had a hard time getting to my first HS class at 8am.....After about 10 times being late to my first period class my senior year my football coach who was the asst. principal lit my backside up. If I'd had to be there at 7am he might as well of shot me.

I have a hard time making it in by 9:30 every morning.   

But I also go home at 6 pm, so...pros n cons.

I also tend to go to bed around 1 pm.  Total night owl.

I have thought about trying to flip it the other way.  Go in at 6:30 am and go home at 3 pm.  Either way I avoid the rush traffic.

No luck with the 6:30 am thing yet, but maybe one day soon.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: