VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:08:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the SEC tournament be moved up a day....  (Read 1758 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:49:43 EDT »

......so that the championship game is played on Saturday?

The Vols played yesterday and now have to travel to Dallas and play midday on Thursday. The Vols are the #3 seed that is traveling the most miles.

The SEC was the only Power 5 conference to finish the tournament on Sunday.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 09:36:42 EDT »

Yes!! Just stupid to play it on Sunday. Our team will be back in Knoxville 2 days then head to Dallas. Against Wright State will make our 4th game in 7 days. Stupid.

Do like Baseball....take the top 12 teams and make the tourney shorter would be ok with me too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 11:10:45 EDT »

Yes!! Just stupid to play it on Sunday. Our team will be back in Knoxville 2 days then head to Dallas. Against Wright State will make our 4th game in 7 days. Stupid.

Do like Baseball....take the top 12 teams and make the tourney shorter would be ok with me too.

If they don't shorten it or change the seedings, it would then have to start on Tuesday.  I wonder how the B10/11/14/wtf does it????

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:33:22 EDT »

If they don't shorten it or change the seedings, it would then have to start on Tuesday.  I wonder how the B10/11/14/wtf does it????

Big 10 (Whatever) had their conference tourney a week before us. They were done on Sunday a week ago.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 01:24:59 EDT »

It's probably not the SEC's call anymore. We're pretty much a subsidiary of ESPN now.

As for the Big 10, they've always played their title game on Selection Sunday. This was a one year exception. They moved their tourney up a week because they wanted to play it in MSG, and it was already booked to the Big East for last week. As I understand it, they'll be moving their tourney back to its normal time next year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: