VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:03:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1982 Chaminade, please vacate the podium........  (Read 2812 times)
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2018, 06:07:05 EDT »

There is a new upset champion.  Virginia, you can stay.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:16:10 EDT »

Virginia probably involved (in a bad way) in the 2 biggest upsets in College BB history.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:18:32 EDT »

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

I learned to hate UVa fans at the 91 Sugar Bowl. Don't fizzle with Elvis.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 06:30:13 EDT »

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

I learned to hate UVa fans at the 91 Sugar Bowl. Don't fizzle with Elvis.

My view is a bit more nuanced.  I have  a couple friends who went there, so I feel bad for them.

But yeah, I was at the 91 Sugar Bowl.  Elvis was one thing, but what pissed me off was their drunken fans chanting "it's great, to be, able to read" as a slam on our university and I guess the state of Tennessee.  I very nearly got in a fight after the game over that chant.  Of course, the 6+ hurricanes I drank during the game didn't help much.  

They were incredibly classless and patronizing.  In fact, I have other friends who went to Virginia Tech and they have all kinds of stories about Virginia arrogance.

I still feel bad for my friends, but all the a-holes from 1991 can go to hell.  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:25:47 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 03:43:56 EDT »

My view is a bit more nuanced.  I have  a couple friends who went there, so I feel bad for them.

But yeah, I was at the 91 Sugar Bowl.  Elvis was one thing, but what pissed me off was their drunken fans chanting "it's great, to be, able to read" as a slam on our university and I guess the state of Tennessee.  I very nearly got in a fight after the game over that chant.  Of course, the 6+ hurricanes I drank during the game didn't help much.   

They incredibly classless and patronizing.  In fact, I have other friends who went to Virginia Tech and they have all kinds of stories about Virginia arrogance.

I still feel bad for my friends, but all the a-holes from 1991 can go to hell.   

Virginia labels itself "the Princeton of the South". As others point out, Princeton has never labeled itself as "the Virginia of the North"

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 06:48:52 EDT »

They are still on a high and getting all the press. Going out on a limb and say they get beat pretty handily by K State tomorrow. That will make Viginne every more upset.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 07:56:39 EDT »

Their coach is all class! 

https://twitter.com/kg_holler/status/974856007485739008?s=21
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 09:14:56 EDT »

Agree, better than Virginia deserves.  I was also very impressed with UMBC coach who gave 100% credit to his players, while his players said Virginia had absolutely nothing they had not prepared for in practice this week, including everything they worked on to negate UVa defense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: