VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 07:12:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Braves Twitter is in outrage mode...  (Read 2034 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:16:16 EDT »

Ronald Acuna, who has spent this spring looking every bit like the Venezuelan Mike Trout he's billed to be, has been sent down to AAA.

There are a few people who understand the reasoning here (two weeks in the minors for an extra season of contractual control). The rest are ready to burn down Suntrust Park.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/3/19/17140624/ronald-acuna-jr-atlanta-braves-spring-training-gwinnett-stripers-minor-league-reassigned

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:21:49 EDT »

They aren't expected to contend this year anyway. If he's as good as it looks like he is, they need to tie him up for as little money as they can for as long as they can.

But I'm ready to see him play.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:13:52 EDT »

They aren't expected to contend this year anyway. If he's as good as it looks like he is, they need to tie him up for as little money as they can for as long as they can.

But I'm ready to see him play.

This is going to be a very interesting season, both at the MLB level and in the upper minors. Next year's free agent class is one of the strongest ever (Harper, Machado, Donaldson, Blackmon, Kershaw to name a few), and the Braves have positioned themselves to spend big. At the moment, they only have $38M committed to three players for next year, and one of them (Tehran) is likely to be traded before the deadline. At first glance, they would appear to have needs at 3B, OF, and maybe C next year, but if prospects like Riley, Peterson, Pache, and Jackson have strong years, they could fill those holes, allowing the club to spend their money less on needs and more on luxuries- like a pitcher or two to add to their already ridiculous organizational mound depth.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 04:48:01 EDT »

If they keep doing it smart they can have a really competitive team pretty quickly. I see Street and Smith (my favorite baseball publication) has them finishing second behind the Nationals and in front of the Mets in the NL East. I hope that's not a little too optimistic. They have a ton of talent in the minors, especially pitchers. This team is on the verge of getting real good in the near future. Would be nice to see them contend every year again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:20:12 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:26:53 EDT »

The Braves are playing a exhibition against their "future stars" tonight. I'm not sure that I wouldn't take this roster over the MLB roster. Maybe not for tonight's game, but over the course of a full season.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: