VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 02:44:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emeril & others that know Sandman - He is recovering well!  (Read 5610 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2018, 05:47:49 EDT »

https://www.wbir.com/article/sports/lady-vol-super-fan-attends-first-game-after-suffering-stroke/51-533904482

If you know J. Paul then you know his love of the LV softball team

I still hope that with the big fisherman at the helm of the AD then we might receive some new fish tales from the Sandman.  Those riddles were fun to decipher

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 09:28:20 EDT »

An exceptional man. I remember Sandman from a joint Tide and Vol tailgate on the Quad in T-Town after the 6-3 game in 2005.

After the game, Sandman passed out plenty of cigars to us Tide fans. He brought all of those stogies from Tennessee for fans of the winning team to smoke in the Third Saturday in October tradition, regardless if those fans wore Orange or Crimson and I've never forgot it.

Just a great guy and my entire pleasure to be around him. My prayers for a complete recovery for Sandman!

BG

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:12 EDT »

https://www.wbir.com/article/sports/lady-vol-super-fan-attends-first-game-after-suffering-stroke/51-533904482

If you know J. Paul then you know his love of the LV softball team

I still hope that with the big fisherman at the helm of the AD then we might receive some new fish tales from the Sandman.  Those riddles were fun to decipher

I was at the game and spent about 30 seconds speaking to Sandman and asked to make sure he was doing ok.  As you know I work within the medical field and know the effects of stroke and he seemed to be about 80-90% to me.  But that is just based on my limited knowledge of what stroke effects are like in discussing this with radiologists and doctors.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: