VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:17:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring Takeaways  (Read 3498 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:32:42 EDT »

Sooo, any takeaways from spring other than Byrd is a WR?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:41:41 EDT »

I've read that Tuttle has had a very good Spring and says he's back to 100%.....Also several have put on some good muscle mass this offseason. Best of all we don't have a coach wannabe running around shouting into a microphone.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 04:25:13 EDT »

If Tuttle can stay healthy that will be huge.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 04:13:23 EDT »

three DL converted to OL

https://allfortennessee.com/2018/04/10/tennessee-football-position-changes-byrd-taylor/

Will it work? Dunno, but CJP apparently does think the OL needs some serious help. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:43:01 EDT »

It's weird this year... I think I'm so disgusted by last year and the crazy coaching search that I paid hardly any attention to Spring football this year.

Anyone else?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 04:49:45 EDT »

It's weird this year... I think I'm so disgusted by last year and the crazy coaching search that I paid hardly any attention to Spring football this year.

Anyone else?

I haven't paid attention to spring football in several years. I might check out the OW game if it's on SECN (I hear it's supposed to be an actual game this year, so yea for that), but other than that, I haven't given it a second thought. It's just practice.

The fact that the team's prospects are pretty dim this year doesn't help, either.

BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 05:13:54 EDT »

Agh!! Realism is so depressing. (Heavy sigh)
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 06:44:35 EDT »

I cannot recall a time in my life when I was as apathetic towards Tennessee football as I am right now. I am considering taking my kids to the O&W Game Saturday, just because it's supposed to be nice weather and it'll be something to do, but I really couldn't care less. The coaching search debacle zapped whatever give-a-damn I had left. It doesn't help that I think Jeremy Pruitt will be a failure and our AD leadership and university leadership in general are 100% on the wrong path right now. I hope I'm proved wrong on all that and have to eat a heaping, steaming pile of crow. But I'm not going to waste a lot of time thinking about it before it happens.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 06:52:29 EDT »

My expectations for this coming season is low...very low. Not to say it's been very high the past decade but at least I was looking forward to the 2015-16 seasons that crashed and burned. Right now we are low on SEC talent at several positions.....we lack good depth at several positions and add the fact we are putting in a new offensive and defensive system. IMO 5 wins this season is the ceiling and with our schedule I could see worse and not be shocked. Just want to see us stronger...more disciplined and look like a football team above DII level that I saw last season.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 12:53:24 EDT »

I'm not expecting disaster, but neither am I investing time in the team. Hopefully they can be competitive.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 02:32:35 EDT »

My expectations for this coming season is low...very low. Not to say it's been very high the past decade but at least I was looking forward to the 2015-16 seasons that crashed and burned. Right now we are low on SEC talent at several positions.....we lack good depth at several positions and add the fact we are putting in a new offensive and defensive system. IMO 5 wins this season is the ceiling and with our schedule I could see worse and not be shocked. Just want to see us stronger...more disciplined and look like a football team above DII level that I saw last season.

I'm a little more hopeful than this. I think we can get to 7 wins.  May or may not.  Way too early to tell.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: