VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:37:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BDV  (Read 1502 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
BDV
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:57:59 EDT »

I'm picking the Pixel 2 over Samsung 9.  Which would you pick, and why?

The discriminator for me is no Samsung bloatware.  Can't stand that crap, and the performance of the Pixel 2 is not that much of a step down.  Biggest Pixel 2 issue for me is no micro-sim card capability, but heck, I never got one for my 16 GB Galaxy S5, so why start now?  64 GB is plenty for me, and I can move up again in two years.

Curious what your current Droid preference is.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 12:51:58 EDT »

I waited until the Pixel 2 came out last year and chose between that and the S8. The specs on those two phones are pretty similar- but the Pixel had display issues at launch, so I ended up getting the S8.

But the S9 is objectively a better phone in every way. Latest processor, more memory, better camera, etc.

If bloatware is that big of a deal for you, get the Pixel. But just know that Samsung bloatware isn't nearly as invasive as it used to be. The only two bits I saw out of the box on my phone were the Bixby voice assistant and Samsung Pay. Both can be easily deactivated. And I actually find Samsung Pay pretty useful- you can rack up some nice rewards by using it. In fact, they sent me a $200 prepaid Visa just for activating the service.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 06:00:14 EDT »

I waited until the Pixel 2 came out last year and chose between that and the S8. The specs on those two phones are pretty similar- but the Pixel had display issues at launch, so I ended up getting the S8.

But the S9 is objectively a better phone in every way. Latest processor, more memory, better camera, etc.

If bloatware is that big of a deal for you, get the Pixel. But just know that Samsung bloatware isn't nearly as invasive as it used to be. The only two bits I saw out of the box on my phone were the Bixby voice assistant and Samsung Pay. Both can be easily deactivated. And I actually find Samsung Pay pretty useful- you can rack up some nice rewards by using it. In fact, they sent me a $200 prepaid Visa just for activating the service.

I bought a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier watch about a month ago and even though I have an LG phone, I was still able to setup and use the Samsung Pay function through my watch.  It's neat, but I find myself still reaching for my debit card out of habit.

Rumor is our corporate cell phone guy will be sending me a S8 in the coming weeks.. so I'm anxious to try it.  Nothing wrong with my LG G4, but I was told they are sending me a diff phone anyway.  Maybe we're switching providers.  Looking forward to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: