VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:45:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recuiting did well recently  (Read 2075 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:45:17 EDT »

https://www-rockytoptalk-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.rockytoptalk.com/platform/amp/2018/5/21/17376528/tennessee-vols-football-recruiting-jeremy-pruitt-staff?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockytoptalk.com%2F2018%2F5%2F21%2F17376528%2Ftennessee-vols-football-recruiting-jeremy-pruitt-staff

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:52:46 EDT »

Gonna take awhile for us to get competitive when our main opponents are Top 5 in recruiting year after year. Do the Vols beat Saban at all before he retires? That is a tough question to speculate on. Plus now UGa is out recruiting Bama. Ain't that just great. What is the over/under for how long before the Vols win the East. That should be this programs first goal.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 12:10:57 EDT »

Gonna take awhile for us to get competitive when our main opponents are Top 5 in recruiting year after year. Do the Vols beat Saban at all before he retires? That is a tough question to speculate on. Plus now UGa is out recruiting Bama. Ain't that just great. What is the over/under for how long before the Vols win the East. That should be this programs first goal.

"Gonna take awhile", but at least it's starting to look like a good start.  Our talent on hand is not the best in the SEC, or anywhere near it, but it's also not the MTSU-level that Dooley left us with.  I would say our current talent inherted from Jones + 1 year of Pruitt is at least in the top half the SEC.  At least 8th, perhaps even 6th, 5th might be ambitious.

In other words, not a terrible starting position if Jeremy does start putting together back to back top 5 classes.

As for beating satan...it can't come too soon!  Good news though...we did beat him at LSU in 2001, so I take some solace that we at least beat the SOB once.  Vols have never beaten the Urban Crier, which rankles me to this day.

Over/under on winning the East is "Should have done it in 2015-16".   But I'll say 3 years, if restricted to forward-moving time only.   2020.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 01:22:03 EDT »

Yet Horseface wins it his first two years (the East) and Smart almost wins the whole enchilada his second year. Go Figure!

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 02:43:12 EDT »

Yet Horseface wins it his first two years (the East) and Smart almost wins the whole enchilada his second year. Go Figure!

Both of them inherited far better situations than Pruitt inherited.

Now, granted, both came in and recruited better right off the bat than Pruitt has so far, but it's an apples-to-oranges comparison, really.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 11:50:49 EDT »

Both of them inherited far better situations than Pruitt inherited.

Now, granted, both came in and recruited better right off the bat than Pruitt has so far, but it's an apples-to-oranges comparison, really.

Horseface also got lucky to hit the East at perhaps it's lowest point ever, and can thank Butch for gifting his first East title.

Smart situation far better than either UF or UT IMO.  UF was starved on offense from muschamp years, and still is IMO.   Still McIllwain did do well with what he had, but Smart >>> mcillwain or jones

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: