VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 07:27:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm guessing it wasn't Saban saying this...  (Read 2222 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2018, 02:24:26 EDT »

...but wouldn't it be funny if it was?

https://twitter.com/MichaelWBratton/status/999078201627422721

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:20:09 EDT »

Um...why would it be funny if it was Saban?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:53 EDT »

Um...why would it be funny if it was Saban?   

Because Butch works for him now...

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 05:27:33 EDT »

Ah.  Well Saban referred to Butch as an "intern" so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was him.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:28:01 EDT »

"I think it was a combination of recruitment classes being over-rated and coaches not developing the players" kinda paraphrasing there maybe, but don't that hit the nail on the head.  Bingo!  I think you could say it was maybe 2 parts lack of development and one part the other, but pretty much right on.  Butch had a freaking LOUSY staff.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 05:33:31 EDT »

Did you guys not see the follow-up tweet, where this coach said Butch did a "horseshizzle job"?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:31 EDT »

"I think it was a combination of recruitment classes being over-rated and coaches not developing the players" kinda paraphrasing there maybe, but don't that hit the nail on the head.  Bingo!  I think you could say it was maybe 2 parts lack of development and one part the other, but pretty much right on.  Butch had a freaking LOUSY staff.

I don't usually give much stock to "over rated recruiting classes", but not because they aren't overated sometimes (they are!) but because recruiting ratings are not an exact science anyway, so I just figure it affects all teams equally. Now...you can argue that a great recruiter will cut through all the BS, but IMO it's mostly a wash when comparing teams.

As for development...agree that Jones and staff were sub-par, but IMO the overwhelming reason for lack of success under Butch was game day management.  I mean that's like 80% of the problem in my opinion.  Player development could be the remaining 20%, or whatever, but no matter how many reasons assigned for lack of success, game day management was well over half of it IMO. 

I wrote off some or even most of the game day tuff for the first two seasons, even into the third season part way, but by the end of season 3 it was obvious Butch just shizzle his pants every Saturday.  And it got worse in season 4, so that beyond a doubt that was the leading cause.

I don't think player development was great, but we had a quite a few that did well as individuals...just not as a team.

IMHO

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 03:17:47 EDT »

Do you honestly believe that Saban is going to ask Butch anything related to football?  Saban "hired" Butch as a favor to Jimmy Sexton to try and help help mend his image as a football coach.  Saban's not going to let Butch near anything football related.  

And those quotes are most likely from another team's assistant.  Just don't see SEC head coaches consenting to those types of interviews. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: