VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:02:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That new Lebron meme is everywhere...  (Read 2473 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:26:20 EDT »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:58:25 EDT »

That's well done.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:41:41 EDT »

Nice, but remind me what the reference is?  Is that a situation we failed to score in?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:17:11 EDT »

Nice, but remind me what the reference is?  Is that a situation we failed to score in?  

1st and goal, 6" away, and we run f'ing shotgun. Zero touches for John Kelly (who was unstoppable when he did get the ball in this game), zero points. Ended up throwing a pick, IIRC.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:19:54 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 04:58:47 EDT »

The Botch-Bone offense
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 10:50:10 EDT »

1st and goal, 6" away, and we run f'ing shotgun. Zero touches for John Kelly (who was unstoppable when he did get the ball in this game), zero points. Ended up throwing a pick, IIRC.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Still not nearly as bad as the last play.   

On the play you have in the pic, I saw a breakdown by McElroy on SECN the following week.  He said the pass calls were correct in the sense that UF was stacking the box, but that they were very poorly executed.  Two of them were blown by a true frosh WR who (a) ran the wrong route, and (b) comitted a penalty. 

That does not mean I am not blaming Butch, as I definitely question why such an inexperienced/unprepared player was in on the play, but it does mean that a talking head on SECN thought a pass call was justified, but just very poorly executed.  And let me add that it was more than just stacking the box, the Florida DBs were on islands and out of position.  Properly executed, it should have been an easy six on a pass.

That's per Greg McIlroy, not me.  Just thought I would mention it.  It's not just play calling, it's execution, but that goes to personnel for sure.  Dobbs not the greatest passer and why is a true frosh WR playing such a critical role?  Reflects poorly on our coaches either way.

FWIW, I think McIlroy had a point, although not it's not a slam dunk by any means.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 03:12:41 EDT »

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Still not nearly as bad as the last play.   

On the play you have in the pic, I saw a breakdown by McElroy on SECN the following week.  He said the pass calls were correct in the sense that UF was stacking the box, but that they were very poorly executed.  Two of them were blown by a true frosh WR who (a) ran the wrong route, and (b) comitted a penalty. 

That does not mean I am not blaming Butch, as I definitely question why such an inexperienced/unprepared player was in on the play, but it does mean that a talking head on SECN thought a pass call was justified, but just very poorly executed.  And let me add that it was more than just stacking the box, the Florida DBs were on islands and out of position.  Properly executed, it should have been an easy six on a pass.

That's per Greg McIlroy, not me.  Just thought I would mention it.  It's not just play calling, it's execution, but that goes to personnel for sure.  Dobbs not the greatest passer and why is a true frosh WR playing such a critical role?  Reflects poorly on our coaches either way.

FWIW, I think McIlroy had a point, although not it's not a slam dunk by any means.

It was like 6 inches. A sneak would do the trick. Alternately, Kelly was having a Travis Stevens-like day- but he wasn't even in the game here. This will always be the default image of Butch Jones outsmarting himself.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: