VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:36:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uniform changes for the upcoming FB season  (Read 1753 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2018, 04:19:27 EDT »

I know many don't care what we wear at all, but hey what else is there to talk about in the middle of July?  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/look-tennessee-reportedly-planning-big-change-to-uniforms-ahead-of-2018-season/amp/?

So, the checkerboards on the helmet and pants are going away.  I thought they were kinda cool but don't really care either way.

No more smokey grey uni's.  My feelings are kind of the same as above... thought they were kind of cool but it doesn't bother me if they go away either.

THE RETURN TO BLACK CLEATS.  Sorry, but black cleats just screams classic glory days TN football to me....

Bottom line for me is, I'm fine with getting rid of all the Butch gimmicks and let's get back to the basics. 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:21:46 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:55:00 EDT »

I thought the Smokey grays were awesome.  It's a great combination with orange. These new changes are getting back to old school uniforms.  Totally agree with the black cleats.  Give me a flat top hair cut and some high tops for the Johnny Unitas look at quarterback.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:35:18 EDT »

I was OK with anything that appealed to recruits, but personally, I would even go one step further, all white pants, no stripes.  I like the classic look.  Hope we can get back to being one of the classics as a football program.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 01:19:59 EDT »

As I have noted before, just put a good team on the field. I care not about their attire.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:19:19 EDT »

I was OK with anything that appealed to recruits, but personally, I would even go one step further, all white pants, no stripes.  I like the classic look.  Hope we can get back to being one of the classics as a football program.

his is such an American post, I agree with all of it.

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: