VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:40:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do very many of you folks have Volquest memberships?  (Read 1712 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:01:45 EDT »

I've been debating joining for years. Just wondering if it is worth it? Do you really get more Vol info there than you would from all the free sources? Plus I'm cheap...lol.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 04:55:29 EDT »

I'm going to preface what I'm about to say by saying that Brent Hubbs is the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned. Not only is he the best boots-on-the-ground journalist covering UT sports, but he's a gentleman who does things the right way — something that is becoming increasingly difficult to do as it becomes more and more of a dog-eat-dog industry.

With that said, I've let my VQ membership expire. Not that you can't occasionally get nuggets (especially recruiting) from Brent and his staff that you don't get anywhere else (you can), but there's just an awful lot of access to free information out there.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:27:19 EDT »

I'm going to preface what I'm about to say by saying that Brent Hubbs is the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned. Not only is he the best boots-on-the-ground journalist covering UT sports, but he's a gentleman who does things the right way — something that is becoming increasingly difficult to do as it becomes more and more of a dog-eat-dog industry.

With that said, I've let my VQ membership expire. Not that you can't occasionally get nuggets (especially recruiting) from Brent and his staff that you don't get anywhere else (you can), but there's just an awful lot of access to free information out there.
I agree that Brent is the best!
He had a nice column today about Pruitt's SEC media days.

Also, IMO, Rob Lewis has the best VOL BB coverage, bar NONE

I keep my VQ membership for Brent and his columns, Rob's BB coverage and a bit of recruiting - I like Simonton's (gatordawg to many on VQ) recruiting coverage.

Brent's "do it the right way" approach tends to piss off many of the instantaneous info or the highway crowd but unlike many, many VOL sites VQ doesn't post click bait articles written for sensationalism vs accuracy.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:59:44 EDT »

Brent's "do it the right way" approach tends to piss off many of the instantaneous info or the highway crowd but unlike many, many VOL sites VQ doesn't post click bait articles written for sensationalism vs accuracy.

Yes. Just one of my many issues with those Fox Sports Knoxville losers. It's no surprise that they're constantly ripping Brent and VQ.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:38:12 EDT »

I agree that Brent is the best!
He had a nice column today about Pruitt's SEC media days.

Also, IMO, Rob Lewis has the best VOL BB coverage, bar NONE

I keep my VQ membership for Brent and his columns, Rob's BB coverage and a bit of recruiting - I like Simonton's (gatordawg to many on VQ) recruiting coverage.

This is a dang good endorsement. Thank You.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 11:27:35 EDT »

I don't have Volquest, but I'm about to give in and subscribe to The Athletic. They seem to be hiring away every quality sportswriter in America.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: