VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 06:24:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting read on Richt vs Pruitt during his time in Athens...  (Read 1098 times)
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2018, 11:17:30 EDT »

‘I think Pruitt just flat cussed out Coach Richt, and he didn’t do anything back’
In the wake of the Aaron Murray/Jeremy Pruitt kerfuffle during SEC Media Days last week, there’s been a lot of renewed interest among Georgia fans about what actually went down between Pruitt and Mark Richt during their time together in Athens. Dean Legge of Dawg Post is trying to give fans a sense of what happened at UGA in 2015 with a series of stories titled, fittingly enough, “What Happened at UGA in 2015.”

In his first post of the series, Legge looks at how Pruitt filled a leadership vacuum within the program created by the departure of Mike Bobo and increasingly complacent Richt and the rift that created between Pruitt loyalists and Richt loyalists. With quotes from anonymous players, Legge paints a picture of a team in complete disarray.

One flashpoint in this whole fiasco seemed to be during spring practice 2015 when Pruitt got into with Richt when the head coach refused to toss two players from practice for fighting. One anonymous player went as far to say he “lost some respect” for Richt because he wouldn’t put Pruitt in his place during the meltdown.

“The root of the problem was that Pruitt was running the show,” an anonymous player told Legge. “Coach Richt is a non-confrontational guy. He didn’t check Pruitt, and it went from there. I think Pruitt just flat cussed out Coach Richt, and he didn’t do anything back.”

Go read the whole thing if you haven’t already. It filled with interesting quotes and tidbits like that. Legge is writing about the disaster that was Brian Schottenheimer’s tenure as offensive coordinator in his next post. I’m very interested in what players have to say about that stretch now that they can speak with candor.

3-star Tennessee DT to visit Athens this weekend
5-star Thomaston, Ga. DT Travon Walker will announce his college choice this evening at 6:45 p.m. ET with Georgia among the favorites to secure his services. But Walker will not be the only defensive tackle prospect on the mind of Georgia coaches this week.

3-star DT Tymon Mitchell of Nashville, Tenn. is visiting Athens this weekend to take part in Georgia’s “reveal” event, in which it will unveil the new locker room and recruiting room added as part of the west end zone renovations, according to Jeff Sentell of DawgNation.

Defensive tackle is a priority position for Georgia this recruiting cycle as many of the teams DTs will leave the program in the next few years. That fact seems to be a selling point for Mitchell.

“I know if I go to Georgia that I am not playing right away for sure,” Mitchell said, according to Sentell. “But Georgia is losing eight defensive linemen over the next two years. I know that five of them will be defensive tackles. So I look at that.”
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 02:59:02 EDT »

I find it hard to believe coach Right was that much of a pussy. But, whatever. Pruitt seems to be highly regarded among peers. Is every bit as credentialed as Smart. Let's get it on!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: