VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 02:12:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ Johnson and Mike Williams absolved  (Read 1094 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:16:06 EDT »

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2018/07/27/j-johnson-wont-take-witness-stand-rape-trial-defense-rests/847134002/

Posted without comment

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:51 EDT »

I'll comment. This case didn't pass the smell test from the beginning. It's a damn shame that someone who had a real chance of making millions playing professional football had his life forever changed by overzealous prosecutors. I mean, consider the fact that the defense didn't need to present a single freakin' witness to get an acquittal from the jury.

The day KPD and prosecutors failed to serve a search warrant on the accuser's phone is the day I began to believe Johnson and Williams were innocent and the day I began to seriously question KPD's interest in the truth of this case. I know there are UT fans who have long clung to conspiracy theories that KPD has it out for UT athletes. I don't buy that for a minute, as a general rule. A lot of athletes (especially football players) are thugs, and there are occasionally going to be crimes committed, and no big-time college football program is immune. When that happens, police should go after those players as aggressively as they would anyone else. But the question that I would love to see answered is why KPD didn't attempt to seize the accuser's texts and social media data after the players claimed that those messages would exonerate them...ESPECIALLY since KPD claimed at trial that Johnson and Williams were able to destroy evidence before their phones were seized even though it's well established that the accuser and her friend wiped their phones and no effort was made to retrieve that data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: