VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:36:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm worried that we may be in for a letdown in basketball this year  (Read 1104 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:23:39 EDT »

Not only are we being ranked (imo) WAY too high in these early polls, but our schedule will likely be the toughest we've ever played. Take a look at ESPN's first BPI rankings. We're #3, and if the NIT Tipoff shakes out like I think it will, we're likely to play all four of the other teams in the top 5. Not to mention #'s 12, 17, 18, 20, and 22 (and 22 is Kentucky, which is a consensus top 5 team in most of the human polls).

We're going to take some lumps this season, it's inevitable. But hopefully we can peak at the right time.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24199936/kansas-jayhawks-gonzaga-bulldogs-lead-espn-college-basketball-bpi-2018

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:25:50 EDT »

I have thought similarly. Hopefully the big PF from last year matures, and the center from SC is a contributor. A case could be made that this is a very well rounded & deep roster. Don’t sleep on Pons either!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:30:57 EDT »

nah

But for me, even a let down will still be a really good season, if by "let down" you mean maybe 2-3 more losses.  That would still position us for a deep run, and maybe this time there won't be a miracle nun in our way.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: