VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 05:33:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One of my standards for Pruitt's first year  (Read 1178 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:56:33 EDT »

Please God, don't let Mizzou score a lot of points on us.  If our defensive minded HC lets a Derrick Dooley led offense score over 30 points, I'm going to lose my shizzle.

Now, having said that, Mizzou had a fine offense last year and a lot of that talent is back.  And whatever else you say about Dooley, one of the few positives from his era is that he had an eye for offensive talent.  Our offense was outstanding his last year, and yes, a lot of that credit goes to Jim Chaney, at least the WRs were recruited by Dooley, and some of the OL.  I think Bray was a Kifin recruit but Dooley did keep him onboard.

So if it does happen, there are at least reasons.

But....no, we have to C-I-L-L the Mizzou defense!  I want a shut out!  

This isn't like Kiffin at bammer.  Mizzou has some talent on offense, but not bammer level.  And yes, Kiffin is a better coach than Dooley hands down.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 06:41:30 EDT »

I try to block the Dooley years from my memory, but one thing I recall about his offenses is that we could pass on most anyone, but couldn't run on a Pop Warner team. Which makes for an interesting matchup, because last year against Mizzou something called "Ish Whitter" ran for over 2 bills on us. It's one thing to give up that much yardage to a star like Chubb or Guice, but quite another to give it up to a nobody who sounds less like a football player and more like a Star Wars character.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 02:58:36 EDT »

I try to block the Dooley years from my memory, but one thing I recall about his offenses is that we could pass on most anyone, but couldn't run on a Pop Warner team. Which makes for an interesting matchup, because last year against Mizzou something called "Ish Whitter" ran for over 2 bills on us. It's one thing to give up that much yardage to a star like Chubb or Guice, but quite another to give it up to a nobody who sounds less like a football player and more like a Star Wars character.

Yeah. Team had given up at that point. Whatever else Pruitt might do his first year, I suspect he will find guys that want to play.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 04:06:34 EDT »

I'd say that another standard should be that we make it out of September without half our roster injured.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: