VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 04:04:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expectations  (Read 642 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2018, 03:56:31 EDT »

I finally got around to picking up Phil Steele's preview magazine last Friday, which is by far the latest I have ever done so.  And yes, that does show apathy on my part, but I am far from the only one. 

Having said that, Steele is in line with my expectations and many, or most, if not all, that I have read on here or Volnation.  Likely 5-7 but we might win one in November we are not expected to and make a bowl game, which is exactly what I think.  And Steele is usually on point, or at any rate more than most media types.

And further, clearly Uga, AU and bammer are lost causes.  Everyone agrees on that.  The non-WVU OOC are sure wins (all three of them!) and most expect us to beat UK and Vandy (both have lost a lot and we are still way more talented).  That gets us to five wins with eight games accounted for.

Of the remaining four games, there are none we are not capable of beating.  USC is probably the toughest (in preseason mind you), but we coulda/shoulda beat em last year, and have played them close forever.  So... winnable, but on the road, so would be a tough out.  WVU the second toughest, good passing offense against very green CBs, but hey they were only 7-6 last year, and we handled Grier pretty well at UF (except for one fizzleing play  ).    But I expect to lose.  Then UF.  We can beat them.  As talented or more, should have beaten them last three in a row, hands down, but Mullen tends to get a lot out of his players so it will be tough, but is at home.  Maybe the most winnable.  But...I think Mizzou is a paper tiger (pun intended).  We played them last year after the team had quit. and that says it all. Period dot.  I think we beat them to get to a bowl.

So there you go.   I say 6-6 and a crappy bowl game, that we win, all of which will be better than the first season of Kiffin, Doofus, or Jones.  Kiffin had a better regular season record but got embarrassed in the bowl.  A season with a winning bowl game is a huge improvement over last season and a solid first year for Pruitt.

But if we go 5-7, I could GAS so long as the team gets better as the year wears on.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: