VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:07:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last season in retrospect  (Read 1526 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2018, 06:48:00 EDT »

I really would rather not remember any of it, it's the worst season of the modern era.  No need to completely rehash it, but here are some key points:

1. The loss to UF was inexcusable, and this is also so of UK and USC IMO.  Of course, we should have lost to Ga Tech, but that's still a net of +2.
2. As bad as the season was as a whole, don't forget the devastating injuries.  Against Mizzou we barely had five healthy OL.
3. After Southern Miss, the team clearly quit.

The reason I bring this up is that factoring in injuries and lack of effort at the end of the season, there is enough talent on our current roster to have a much better season.  

Pruitt as an HC is still a wild card, but last year's team was better than 4-8, and this year's will be.  

I would almost bet on it.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:41:59 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 05:56:36 EDT »

Pruitt as an HC is still a wild card, but last year's team was better than 4-8, and this year's will be.   

Agreed.  I'm really anxious to see what we look like vs. WV. Obviously I hope we win, but even if we lose I hope we can see that we're better. 

I remember even after we lucked up and beat GT last year, after that game I thought to myself "It's going to be a long year".
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 06:46:55 EDT »

On paper this team isn't as talented as last year's team. But if I were a betting man I'd say this team is far more ready to compete at a high level than last year's team. We have too many gaping holes at key position areas and too little depth to really do anything, but my interest in the season is increasing. I'm anxious to see what Tyson Helton has done with Jarrett Guarantano.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 09:19:23 EDT »

I'm anxious to see what Tyson Helton has done with Jarrett Guarantano.

this x's 1000 (and the rest of the staff as well of course). Gaurantano has a lot of skills, but has obviously lacked coaching. If he has made a substantial improvement, I will be very happy.

I'm not writing this season off, but I'm fully prepared for it with expectation management being implemented
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:39:16 EDT by FLVOL » Logged

11B4PJ3F7
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 09:30:46 EDT »

I expect a W against WV. Pruitt should be able to scheme WV's offense and their D sucked which should help our O. We will have all summer for Pruitt to study film and we will be healthy in game one having practiced the game plan for weeks. I think we run the ball and utilize safe passes to move the chains and keep WV on the sidelines. I have much faith in Pruitt and this staff, they all have excellent credentials unlike Butch's boys. We may succumb to injuries again and end up 5-7 but if not I think 7-5 with 6-6 the minimum.  GO VOLS             
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: