VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:57:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you looking forward to the upcoming season or kind of dreading it?  (Read 3521 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2018, 04:13:35 EDT »

I think I'm looking forward to it. Let's see what the new guy can do. If he can make this team competitive against the good teams and beat the Vandys and KY's, he will have done a great job. Is it possible that the Vols have the least talent in the conference? Still hard to get your head around that. 6-6 will be tough to do.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:51:27 EDT »

I think Jones lost the team after Georgia 2016 & the Hurd fiasco. I think there is more talent than some think. I think the Vols will have a surprisingly good year.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 04:58:57 EDT »

I think Jones lost the team after Georgia 2016 & the Hurd fiasco. I think there is more talent than some think. I think the Vols will have a surprisingly good year.

There's still talent on this team...we are thin at some positions and injuries to starters will hurt in those areas....but there is talent on this team.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 07:00:46 EDT »

I'm kinda meh. I expect a poor season, but hope to see some fundamental improvements, and better coaching.

Looking more forward to the hoops season honestly
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 08:00:56 EDT »

Far from the least talented team. When I looked into it last year based on recruiting we were about 6 or 7. Maybe we have had a few busts or injuries than most but should still have mid level talent.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:12:16 EDT »

Nope, excited about a fresh start.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 09:03:14 EDT »

My thoughts:

http://www.bengarrett.net/2018/08/22/next-week-is-game-week-for-vols/
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 09:07:23 EDT »

I'm ready. Obviously, we're not going to set the world on fire. But I think things are getting better. It probably won't show in the W-L record this year.

But let's see what the man can do.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 10:29:36 EDT »

I am so ready for football!! No high expectations.. just hope to see a team inspired by the new coach,  playing hard.  No clue how many wins but hoping for 6 at least!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 11:38:22 EDT »

Not dreading it, but not exactly excited about it either. They have to give me something to be excited about. Upsetting WVU would probably do the trick.

buckyvol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 01:07:59 EDT »

Call me a blind loyalist, but I look forward to every year, especially this year.  Because I don't believe that we were as bad as the record showed last year and I'm looking forward to proving it.  A lot of things went against us last year, most notably a high number of injuries that included key players.  Bad coaching and giving up late in the season did us in.  How many games (coulda, woulda, shoulda) could we have won last year?  I know, we didn't get it done.  But say we won 2 of those games, with a 6-6 record and I don't think this doom and gloom would be as severe as it is.  Bad season no doubt, but not catastrophic like it's being perceived.  We are not a team that can challenge Bama and Jawga.  But I truly think that is going to change.  I like Coach Pruitt's approach and I think he is what we need.  One upside of going 4-8, the brick layer is gone.

The schedule is brutal (what's new?),  we have a young team and a new coach.  Ain't skeered!  Looking forward to whoopin' up on West (by God) Virginia. 

Do you know why they call it almost heaven?  Because it's so close to Tennessee. 

So, maybe my orange shaded sunglasses are on a little too tight and the bourbon has affected my brain, but I will always be pulling for the Vols, regardless.

Go Big Orange!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 01:14:09 EDT »

Do you know why they call it almost heaven?  Because it's so close to Tennessee. 

You know, there's a theory that "Country Roads" wasn't even about the state of West Virginia, but rather the Western part of Virginia. Afterall, that's where the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah River are. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 04:36:07 EDT »

Call me a blind loyalist, but I look forward to every year, especially this year.  Because I don't believe that we were as bad as the record showed last year and I'm looking forward to proving it.  A lot of things went against us last year, most notably a high number of injuries that included key players.  Bad coaching and giving up late in the season did us in.  How many games (coulda, woulda, shoulda) could we have won last year?  I know, we didn't get it done.  But say we won 2 of those games, with a 6-6 record and I don't think this doom and gloom would be as severe as it is.  Bad season no doubt, but not catastrophic like it's being perceived.  We are not a team that can challenge Bama and Jawga.  But I truly think that is going to change.  I like Coach Pruitt's approach and I think he is what we need.  One upside of going 4-8, the brick layer is gone.

The schedule is brutal (what's new?),  we have a young team and a new coach.  Ain't skeered!  Looking forward to whoopin' up on West (by God) Virginia. 

So, maybe my orange shaded sunglasses are on a little too tight and the bourbon has affected my brain, but I will always be pulling for the Vols, regardless.

Go Big Orange!

Good post! Butch gave up after the 2016 season if not before that......The team soon followed.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 05:34:50 EDT »

Right there with you.  I don't have great expectations, but I do expect to no longer be embarrassed by what we put on the field.
Nope, excited about a fresh start.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 01:37:20 EDT »

I with LV...excited about having a real football coach who has gathered a great staff. I'm anxious to see players being developed and "taught" great football techniques. I think, barring injuries of course, we'll get at least one upset and go 7-5 but 6-6 will be an acceptable start for our new coaching staff.            
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: