VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:58:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The top 1% of 1%  (Read 2865 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:57:32 EDT »

LMAO 

Being sanctimonious always gets you in the end, or at any rate it's a bad idea.  Spout your judgmental nonsense about others all you want, but everyone is fallible.  "Pride goeth before a fall", it says in Proverbs.  Interesting to see how Urban holds up this season.

Prediction...once the season is in full swing, this will recede, but Urban is going to have a hellish week or two in the meantime. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:18:28 EDT »

I really don't think this is going away anytime soon. That may have been the case a couple years ago, but not now. For better (Harvey Weinstein) or worse (AJ Johnson), #Metoo is ingrained in the culture now. They'll make sure this remains front page news.

Plus, I think the influential national writers who have always been Herban apologists are finally catching on to what many of us have known all along. They'll help steer the narrative, too. I wouldn't even be surprised to see Aaron Hernandez and other older cases at UF revisited.

I predict that Urban's next media appearance will be a one-on-one interview with a "friendly" journalist. He'll be sure to sound contrite this time. He might even cry (as he is wont to do). Still, nobody will buy it. He'll be out of coaching within two years. The man doesn't deal well with adversity.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 01:08:59 EDT »

It will be brought up every time OSU plays this season.....and it will be worse when they are playing on the road....As someone posted the last season of Bruce Pearl at UT it was brought up every damn game the whole damn season.......................and that was because he lied about a kid at a BBQ that was never coming to UT in the first place
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 01:49:58 EDT »

Now that the national mediots are no longer in "protect Herban at all costs" mode maybe they could revisit these articles, which seemed to blow over in a couple days back in 2013. Two separate times where it seems that UF coaches/lawyers saw to it that justice wasn't pursued against Aaron Hernandez. Think of what might have been prevented had things transpired differently in Gainesville back then.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/02/aaron-hernandez-tim-tebow-barfight/2483559/

Curiously, police said Taphorn was adamant about pressing charges when he first spoke to officers, but when police followed up with Taphorn, he told them "that he may request the charges be dropped," an investigator wrote in the supplemental report. He added: "Taphorn did state that he had been contacted by legal staff and coaches with UF and that they may be working on an agreement. However, nothing is finalized."

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9446754/mass-police-investigate-aaron-hernandez-possible-role-2007-gainesville-shooting-according-sources

Two days after the shooting, Gainesville police Lt. Keith Kameg was quoted in the Orlando Sentinel as saying neither Hernandez nor Nelson was a suspect. Police have also said that they briefly interviewed Hernandez about the shooting. But, according to the police report, Hernandez declined to speak to Gainesville police nine days after the shooting. Hernandez's name is redacted from the report because he was 17 and considered a minor at the time. However, there is one reference to Hernandez in which his name is not redacted. In that section under "Aaron Hernandez," the report says detectives attempted to speak to Hernandez on Oct. 9 but that "he invoked his right to counsel."

That same day Cason, who had originally said Nelson and the Hawaiian or Hispanic male were the suspects, "rescinded his identification of Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson," according to the report. While Hernandez's name was redacted in the document, it was the first time the report indicated that Cason had positively identified Hernandez as the shooter at some point.

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 02:26:20 EDT »

I never thought Meyer was going to be fired, but I had a chance to sit down and read the investigative report today and was just blown away. The whole thing was a sham. What was the point of even having an investigation? Their minds were made up from the beginning, because the investigation showed far more than enough cause to fire Meyer.

Not that it's new news, but Urban Meyer is one of the biggest douchebags in sports.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:58:20 EDT »

I never thought Meyer was going to be fired, but I had a chance to sit down and read the investigative report today and was just blown away. The whole thing was a sham. What was the point of even having an investigation? Their minds were made up from the beginning, because the investigation showed far more than enough cause to fire Meyer.

Not that it's new news, but Urban Meyer is one of the biggest douchebags in sports.

Yep. Not to mention that McMurphy is now showing evidence that the 2015 police report was altered to show no arrest. The corruption appears to go beyond OSU to the CPD. This all sounds very familiar...

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 06:13:22 EDT »

Meanwhile, Zach Smith keeps throwing gas on the fire. 1% of 1% indeed.

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith/status/1032815834832547843?s=19

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 06:40:04 EDT »

Agree he is a douche, have always thought so.  Well, maybe not douche per se, but uptight dipshizzle, how's that?

But I gotta stress, all his sermonizing over the years just makes it worse.  He did misrepresent to the media what happened, and although I didn't read the report it was reported he ignored advice to fire Smith in 2016. 

I can understand him being hesitant to completely believe either side in a domestic dispute, but if he received clear guidance to let Smith go in 2016 and ignored it, he has to own that decision.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 04:39:07 EDT »

How the OSU BOT spokewoman could stand in front of media and say they believe Urban was lying to them, but could not conclude that he did not intentionally lie at Big10 media days is just beyond belief. All media outside Big10 land are saying OSU decided that football is too big to fire Urban and that they value winning football over integrity. No this will not go away. ESPN is spinning because their big contract with Big10 (can these people not count to 12?) could come crashing down with an Urban scandal.

Yes the Big10 schools are egotistic, sanctimonious, and without integrity. They are examples of big money being more important than than integrity. Maybe the rest of the country is catching on to that fact, be when sports media is loaded with Big10 homers this will take time. I cannot wait to see the opposing fan's reactions when OSU comes calling. Hide all the women, children, and pets when the Buckeyes are around.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 04:44:17 EDT »

How the OSU BOT spokewoman could stand in front of media and say they believe Urban was lying to them, but could not conclude that he did not intentionally lie at Big10 media days is just beyond belief. All media outside Big10 land are saying OSU decided that football is too big to fire Urban and that they value winning football over integrity. No this will not go away. ESPN is spinning because their big contract with Big10 (can these people not count to 12?) could come crashing down with an Urban scandal.

Yes the Big10 schools are egotistic, sanctimonious, and without integrity. They are examples of big money being more important than than integrity. Maybe the rest of the country is catching on to that fact, be when sports media is loaded with Big10 homers this will take time. I cannot wait to see the opposing fan's reactions when OSU comes calling. Hide all the women, children, and pets when the Buckeyes are around.

Maryland did the correct thing with the Death of the Football Player and I applaud their integrity and honesty.  As far as tOSU and the whining cheating crybabies of the Whoreeyes I have nothing but contempt for Herban and his Herbaphytes.  If ole Zach had been working at a normal job then the antics he pulled would have had him in so much hot water his skin would have been boiled off by the complaints.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: