VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 07:10:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTW, going for it on that last 4th down...  (Read 1407 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2018, 01:58:57 EDT »

...was a terrible, unforgivable call. I don't care if you're trying to "be aggressive" or "set a tone". You're down 19, with ~8:00 to go. You need 2 TDs (both with 2 point conversions) and 1 FG to tie. You get 3 points there, you're still in the game. You come away with zero, and it's over. You kick it and live to fight another day.

"But it's just his first game as a HC, he's still learning", you say.

Exactly.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 02:12:34 EDT »

Disappointing for sure, more lopsided than I expected... But can't say I'm shocked.  My heart was saying all week "maybe we shock the world!" but my head said "they probably win comfortably."

There were moments to get excited about though.  Loved seeing a fullback!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 03:13:57 EDT »

...was a terrible, unforgivable call. I don't care if you're trying to "be aggressive" or "set a tone". You're down 19, with ~8:00 to go. You need 2 TDs (both with 2 point conversions) and 1 FG to tie. You get 3 points there, you're still in the game. You come away with zero, and it's over. You kick it and live to fight another day.

"But it's just his first game as a HC, he's still learning", you say.

Exactly.

Yep, ya gotta keep yourself in the game.  It could be he realized his D was gassed and he was going for broke.  I think it is pretty obvious we just don't have the horses right now.  We just need to focus on getting everybody better these next two weeks and try to scrape together 6 wins.  Gitmo looked better than I have ever seen him. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 03:20:46 EDT »

We are void of talent at several positions.....and the talent we have are young like the DBs that got owned today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: