VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:51:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple new streaming shows released this weekend...  (Read 3428 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:57:33 EDT »

Ozark season 2 on Netflix. If you liked Breaking Bad, watch this. It's very similar in story and structure, evokes that same feeling of "creeping dread". Not as good as BB (nothing is) but still great.

Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. It's really good, if you can get past seeing Jim Halpert in the leading role.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 02:23:02 EDT »

Ozark season 2 on Netflix. If you liked Breaking Bad, watch this. It's very similar in story and structure, evokes that same feeling of "creeping dread". Not as good as BB (nothing is) but still great.

Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. It's really good, if you can get past seeing Jim Halpert in the leading role.

Really looking forward to Jack Ryan.  Also, should I watch Ozark 1 first I'm assuming?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 03:07:37 EDT »

Really looking forward to Jack Ryan.  Also, should I watch Ozark 1 first I'm assuming?

Yes, you'll need to watch from the beginning. But season 2 is slightly better than season 1, IMO.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 10:09:28 EDT »

I am so, so sad that there are no new Godless episodes to watch...

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 10:40:18 EDT »

I am so, so sad that there are no new Godless episodes to watch...

I watched that last year. Will there be more seasons, or was it just a one-off thing? It was pretty good.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 03:30:40 EDT »

I like the show Snowfall on FX.  It's about how the crack epidemic in the 80s started.  It took a few shows to grow on me, but it's well written with good acting and a strong plot. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 03:34:15 EDT »

I like the show Snowfall on FX.  It's about how the crack epidemic in the 80s started.  It took a few shows to grow on me, but it's well written with good acting and a strong plot. 

I thought the first season was S-L-O-W, but this season has been really good. Glad I didn't give up on it.

The Sons of Anarchy spinoff Mayans MC starts tomorrow. It's not the SOA spinoff I wanted, but I'll give it a shot.

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 10:02:52 EDT »

Wait a minute.  I thought John Krasinski was in the lead role.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 10:04:53 EDT »

Ozark season 2 is phenomenal. Intense show, and Ruth may be my favorite character on TV

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 02:51:03 EDT »

Wait a minute.  I thought John Krasinski was in the lead role.

Have you never seen The Office? JK played Jim Halpert. I would guess that for any fan of that show, he's now mentally typecast in that role. It's hard to buy him as an action hero.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 02:53:05 EDT »

Ozark season 2 is phenomenal. Intense show, and Ruth may be my favorite character on TV

Yeah, that girl deserves Emmy consideration.

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 02:56:47 EDT »

I have to admit that there is very little on TV that interests me. I love movies. Sitcoms, not so much. Serial dramas, sometimes...but not often. I find myself watching more and more documentaries as I get over.

Breaking Bad was probably the best TV show ever produced. I haven't watched anything else that even comes close. Dexter was very good also. I've watched it all the way through three times and could easily start it again tonight and be just as interested as I was the first time. I was into Justified for a while but the scripts got dull and boring pretty quick. I find that to be the case with most shows. I'm currently watching Ozark (halfway through the first season). It's okay, but it's not like I'm glued to it. Netflix just released the second season of Van Helsing so I'll probably pick it back up. I really liked the first season but I bought the first couple of episodes of Season 2 from Amazon while waiting for Netflix to release it and didn't care for them. The first couple of seasons of House of Cards were flat-out outstanding...but it, too, got stale after a while. I was a big fan of The Walking Dead early on...but same thing. They lost me when they got to the prison.

I guess I'm just ornery and hard for TV producers to please.  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 02:57:02 EDT »

Have you never seen The Office? JK played Jim Halpert. I would guess that for any fan of that show, he's now mentally typecast in that role. It's hard to buy him as an action hero.

He pulled it off pretty well on "13 hours".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: