VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:08:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is just horrific tackling  (Read 1992 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:53:06 EDT »

what kind of effort is this? Both 3 and 18 ... smh

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 06:58:19 EDT »

That's one of the concerning things to me right now. We weren't just out-talented. We were out-executed. I said last week I was excited to see what this team looks like with real coaches...and in too many areas, it didn't look like they had been coached up all that well. Another play that stood out to me was in the first quarter, when we were running one of those stupid bubble screens that didn't work at all at any point in the game. Wood-Anderson missed his block and looked like he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He just stood and watched the play unfold in front of him, then went and pushed someone a little after it was over.

Concerning tackling, I thought we did a nice job of plugging the holes when WVU tried to run the ball, we just couldn't manage to wrap their guys up and put them on the ground, and so they wound up with 5+ YPC.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 07:04:44 EDT »

DWA I can understand he is new to the system. 3 and 18 are both veterans

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 08:09:43 EDT »

Wow. That is atrocious. Sadly, that may be about all #3 can do.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:14:51 EDT »

Pruitt may have to get even more creative with the lineup than he already is.  My hope is that the young players he has in greatly improve this first system and by the end of the year are executing and playing very well.  Then we can get excited by their play in November and look forward to next season.  This happened with Butch, but not until his second season.   With Drools, it never happened unless you count the NC State game at the start of 2012.   Which I don't.  The end of 2011 is still one of the lowest points in program history, although last season is about as bad or even worse.

This season is going to very hard to handle through the end of October.  I will judge by the final month.  If we haven't seen significant improvement by then.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 04:20:46 EDT »

If I was their position coach they'd a run till they puked Sunday morning.....Then after church they'd run again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: