VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 05:29:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurricane Flo may be coming to town  (Read 1396 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2018, 12:45:27 EDT »

Looks like Flo could possibly interfere with the game.  That figures, b/c I am coming down for parent's weekend.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone#contents

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:06:01 EDT »

Right now it seems pretty unlikely that we see a significant impact from Flo. Even if we see a Carolina-based landfall, heavy rain will stay east of the Appalachians with the tropical circulation failing to penetrate very far inland. There's only one major forecast model that brings the storm far enough inland to spread appreciable rainfall all the way to Knoxville. It is the Navy's GEM model. But it's an outlier at the present time. The general model consensus is for a landfall somewhere just north of Myrtle Beach, with MAYBE a slight increase in rain chances for the East Tennessee valley but nothing too significant.

In fact, depending on how far west this storm tracks, there may be a better chance that it improves our weather rather than making it worse. Hurricane-influence subsistence can pull down drier, cooler air from the north for us here in East Tennessee, bringing absolutely beautiful weather to our region while folks just across the mountains are getting hammered.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 02:10:09 EDT by Creek Walker » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:09:16 EDT »

The real question is whether it will rain on Florida, and if so, will they use soap on their uniforms again?   

But I am guessing a QB from New Jersey has at least played in the rain before.  I'm still pissed at Casey 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: