VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 07:16:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro-checker or anti-checker?......  (Read 1731 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2018, 05:12:01 EDT »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/09/12/column-fans-are-right-not-to-want-to-do-checker-neyland/

I would give it a rest for a while.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:44:21 EDT »

I'd prefer to lay all gimmicks aside for awhile, as well.  Not that I think what we wear or what kind of coordinated effort the crowd makes to match has any bearing on the outcome of the game... I just think most people are not in the mood for gimmicks like this.  How bout we all just wear orange and scream till we lose our voices?
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 08:29:20 EDT »

I hate gimmicks. It's the one thing I came to detest the most about the Butch Jones era. But Checker Neyland is different. It's a grassroots, fan-led effort that's coordinated by the UTAD and I'm all for it. I think it looks freakin' awesome, and to do it at night would look even better.

Some of the sights that stand out to me the most in college football are similar to this...the Big House in all-yellow under the lights, a white-out at State College, etc. Oklahoma does the fan-coordinated thing, although theirs is stripes instead of checkers.

I'm all for it. If Pruitt or anyone on his staff is wasting their time trying to come up with gimmicks, then I would agree with the writer. But I think Checker Neyland is pretty cool.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 08:45:28 EDT »

I hate gimmicks. It's the one thing I came to detest the most about the Butch Jones era. But Checker Neyland is different. It's a grassroots, fan-led effort that's coordinated by the UTAD and I'm all for it. I think it looks freakin' awesome, and to do it at night would look even better.

Some of the sights that stand out to me the most in college football are similar to this...the Big House in all-yellow under the lights, a white-out at State College, etc. Oklahoma does the fan-coordinated thing, although theirs is stripes instead of checkers.

I'm all for it. If Pruitt or anyone on his staff is wasting their time trying to come up with gimmicks, then I would agree with the writer. But I think Checker Neyland is pretty cool.

I like it too. But regardless of how we feel, the fact that many don't want to do it again means that if they tried it this year the participation would be down and it would look like garbage. So I vote no.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 11:58:48 EDT »

I'm all for it - it is just like one of those "white-Out"  or "[insert color here]-out" games.  You pick a high profile game and you show off your game experience to a big TV crowd.  I don't think only great teams should be doing it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 01:39:40 EDT »

I think it looks cool and would like to see it.  But it is a very peripheral thing.  Win football games.  Period, dot. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: