VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 06:46:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some College football observations after 3 weeks  (Read 1626 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:48:16 EDT »

* SEC is getting tougher. Not only are the powerhouses better (Bama, UGA), but so are the doormats (UK, Vandy). UF and UT may be the worst 2 teams in the SECE. Who would have thought that could happen? The thing is UT is actually better too.
* Bama's a machine. Hate them, but no one is beating them. No one.
* Trevor Lawrence can play - hate we didn't get him
* Biggest disappointments so far: FSU, Nebraska, UCLA, Arizona, Arkansas - they all have one thing in common
* JG is going to be a really good player for us. I can see this UT team being very good in 2 years. There is a lot of young SEC level talent, and CJP is recruiting well.
* Drew Richmond should sit. He personally was responsible for two lack of scores by UT. He is not good.
* Ohio state is vastly overrated, as is the Big 10. They usually are.
* UT's return game is not very good, someone needs to do some work there.
* More downfield throws please.
* UT's 4 RBs are pretty good, I like what we are doing there. Need a stud RB in this class too.
* Florida could be the only SEC win for us. Must win. SC, UK, and Vandy will likely be favored against us, if we can somehow win a couple there then we have had a successful season.
* Jarrett Stidham is very average. Auburn wins with D, and their lack of offense hurt them vs LSU
* Best 4 teams in the country right now to me: Bama, UGA, Clemson, Oklahoma
* Pac 12 is really bad this year. Washington and Oregon are likely the two best teams. Neither will make the playoffs.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 10:45:18 EDT »

* SEC is getting tougher. Not only are the powerhouses better (Bama, UGA), but so are the doormats (UK, Vandy). UF and UT may be the worst 2 teams in the SECE. Who would have thought that could happen? The thing is UT is actually better too.
* Biggest disappointments so far: FSU, Nebraska, UCLA, Arizona, Arkansas - they all have one thing in common
* JG is going to be a really good player for us. I can see this UT team being very good in 2 years. There is a lot of young SEC level talent, and CJP is recruiting well.
* Drew Richmond should sit. He personally was responsible for two lack of scores by UT. He is not good.
* UT's 4 RBs are pretty good, I like what we are doing there. Need a stud RB in this class too.
* Florida could be the only SEC win for us. Must win. SC, UK, and Vandy will likely be favored against us, if we can somehow win a couple there then we have had a successful season.
* Jarrett Stidham is very average. Auburn wins with D, and their lack of offense hurt them vs LSU
* Pac 12 is really bad this year. Washington and Oregon are likely the two best teams. Neither will make the playoffs.

Been hearing this from multiple sources and saw a couple of his whiffs myself.  Don't understand, he was a legit 5 star coming out of Memphis.  One of the biggest busts on our team apparently.  Maybe just a kid that doesn't have the fire in his belly?   

If somehow he could start living up to his potential it would obviously fill a very critical need for us, but at this point it may be too late.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:45:06 EDT »

Well said, but I gotta disagree about OSU.

And yeah, our current RT doesn't seem to have any fire. He may be a fine young man, but we've gotta get someone else in there.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 03:59:59 EDT »

Good post.  I agree with most.   Two items I slightly disagree with, Ohio State is overrated, but not vastly.  Jarret Stidham is overall, above average.  He can be very hot and cold, sometimes within the same game. 

UT has a good shot to beat UF next weekend.  I believe UT has better skill, with UF slightly better at the LOS.  Tackling in space will be key for UT, as will maintaining its composure.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: