VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:39:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I asked you who had the mortgage on your house, wouldn't you know?...  (Read 2259 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:51:14 EDT »

If I asked you who your homeowner's insurance was with, wouldn't you know?

Apparently only the homeowners I deal with don't know.

I shouldn't be but I am amazed at the stupidity of the average human. They're even more stupid on Mondays.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:01:21 EDT »

The easy answers at the moment are:
1) Don't know, because I have no mortgage
2) Same company for last 8 years

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 12:42:52 EDT »

A lot of people when asked who their auto or homeowners company is they will reply....It's with John Smith agency down there on Main Street. They don't have clue the actual company agent John Smith has them insured through.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 02:07:14 EDT »

To be completely honest? Guilty.

I know who our mortgage was originally through, but it has been sold a couple of times and I don't know who holds it now. And I know which agency our homeowners insurance is through...but not exactly which insurer the policy is with. My wife writes those checks so I don't have to deal with it and I never think about it. I recently switched my business insurance from Nationwide to The Hartford and listening to the agent drone on and on and on just about made me consider stabbing an ice pick into my temple. So as long as my wife is willing to deal with those matters when it comes to our personal stuff, I'm going to let her have at it.

In my defense, though, if I were walking into a meeting with you, I believe I would be armed with that information. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 03:10:07 EDT »

The fact that you guys even know the insurance agency is more than these people know. 
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 04:32:21 EDT »

1) I have no mortage.
2) State Farm for 28 yrs in this house.

I have known for over 50 years just how really stupid the average person is.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 10:37:52 EDT »

I also have no mortgage, but when I did I was very aware a local bank sold it immediately to Countrywide when I did, and I closely monitored it.  I also paid extra whenever I could and paid it off early and was hyper-aware of my total accumulated interest as I went along.  Just switched from MetLife after 14 years to State Farm as MetLife was sticking it to me on auto insurance.  Now paying more for home insurance, but far less for auto so that I am saving $600 plus a year total.  Just by coincidence, since my insurance wasn't due for four more months I got an instant refund for about the amount of my annual savings on my credit card which was very nice.

I did do one silly thing last year.  I had a house cleaner and she moved my $512 state income tax refund to the bottom shelf of my coffee table.  And it sat there.  For 7+ months.  I finally remembered that I hadn't cashed it, couldn't find it,  and applied for a new check.  They told me to wait 30 days and then file the paperwork, but in the meantime I found it buried under a stack of books she had moved and cashed it that same day.

And I know...electronic deposit.  But bammer charges $20 for that "privilege" and my attitude was  .  But you know what?  This year I paid the $20.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 03:00:07 EDT »

Sounds like you're having a rough week. You should probably take off early on Friday to recover.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 08:10:57 EDT »

Ditto except same company for last 20+ years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: