VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:56:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for those of you worried about Florida blowing out CSU  (Read 2458 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:46:46 EDT »

Aside from the fact that CSU blows chunks, the offensive stats are pretty even except for number of lost fumbles and the score, and those two are closely related.  Franks was 8/15 for a measly 119 yards, threw a pick, and had a QBR of 23.0.

Take away the turnovers and it would be  much closer game. 

Florida did run for 222 yards.  Maybe they can run on us, IDK.  Guess we will find out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:51:18 EDT »

And oh yeah...if you're wondering how CSU managed to beat Arkansas, Arkansas lost to N Texas State 31-10.  And the W at Arkansas is CSUs only win.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:12:51 EDT »

Florida is not a good team right now. Talk about an upside-down universe, Tennessee and Florida may actually be the worst two teams in the SEC East. That Colorado State game was closer than the score indicated. Florida only had 341 yards of offense, and that included a 68-yard run late in the fourth quarter. Take that away, and UF manages fewer than 300 yards of offense against Colorado State. Yeah, 48-10 looks impressive but that game was 27-10 going into the fourth quarter. Franks is not throwing the ball well.

They should be ripe for the taking...but I don't think we're ready to compete. They'll eat our O-line for lunch. Much was made of Florida's porous run defense through the first two games of the season, but one take-away from the Colorado State game was the Gators' much-improved run defense. CoState averaged 1.7 ypc.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:15:16 EDT »

Florida is not a good team right now. Talk about an upside-down universe, Tennessee and Florida may actually be the worst two teams in the SEC East. That Colorado State game was closer than the score indicated. Florida only had 341 yards of offense, and that included a 68-yard run late in the fourth quarter. Take that away, and UF manages fewer than 300 yards of offense against Colorado State. Yeah, 48-10 looks impressive but that game was 27-10 going into the fourth quarter. Franks is not throwing the ball well.

They should be ripe for the taking...but I don't think we're ready to compete. They'll eat our O-line for lunch. Much was made of Florida's porous run defense through the first two games of the season, but one take-away from the Colorado State game was the Gators' much-improved run defense. CoState averaged 1.7 ypc.

Unfortunately I agree with you that we are just as sorry as UF, maybe more sorry and they will be a tough out. 

I do take solace in the fact that we beat them soundly in 2016 and they were lucky - EXTREMELY LUCKY - to pull out the wins in 2015 and 2017.  In short, IMO the momentum in the series favors us.

Most important, while I defended Butch longer than most, the 2015 and 2017 defeats are squarely at his feet IMO.  Let's see how Pruitt handles a lead in the 4th, if we are fortunate enough to have one.  I suspect he will be better at it than Butch.  Heck, a rock wearing a hat would be better.   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:06:33 EDT »

First line I've seen has Florida favorite by 8.....in Neyland.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 12:51:52 EDT »

First line I've seen has Florida favorite by 8.....in Neyland.

Vegas opened at 4 1/2 Florida.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 01:13:37 EDT »

Quote from: droner ligtnk=topic=37664.msg184156#msg184156 date=1537138312
Vegas opened at 4 1/2 Florida.

And saw one at 5.5

IIRC usually the home team gets 2-3 points
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:24:26 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 04:12:45 EDT »

Vols win at home...
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 06:18:51 EDT »

Vols win at home...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: