VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 10:52:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How early in the season did CBS pick UT/UGA for the 3:30 game?........  (Read 2691 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2018, 07:49:45 EDT »

I wonder it they regret it now. The line opened at 32 1/2.

I think UF/Miss. St or USC/Kentucky would have been better picks.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:52:41 EDT »

I don't know if they regret it, but I sure do.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:16:34 EDT »

Yeah, bet they wish they could get that one back.

Line seems low, honestly.   
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 09:37:09 EDT »

I don't know if they regret it, but I sure do.

Yea, I really hate to see us stomped on the 3:30 game. The 7:00 game is bad enough.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:03:32 EDT »

It's going to get uglier. We'll get curbstomped in these next two on the road, then come home to face bammer, where the crowd will be 50/50, at best. I'm sure that will be a CBS game, too.

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 11:00:05 EDT »

It's going to get uglier. We'll get curbstomped in these next two on the road, then come home to face bammer, where the crowd will be 50/50, at best. I'm sure that will be a CBS game, too.

That's why I fear the impact this is going to have on recruiting. Even if we survive October without being completely annihilated, I'm not sure we can win more than 1 out of 4 in November's "easier" games. These next few weeks are going to be extremely ugly.
10EC
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 11:32:48 EDT »

That's why I fear the impact this is going to have on recruiting. Even if we survive October without being completely annihilated, I'm not sure we can win more than 1 out of 4 in November's "easier" games. These next few weeks are going to be extremely ugly.

Never underestimate the power of getting to play immediately has on 18 y/o boys.  Unfortunately, we won’t know if Pruitt is good or bad until 2020 or 2021
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 12:47:53 EDT »

They announced it first of last week....There is a certain window they have to announce so the other networks can do their scheduling. If the cutoff day was today after that circus Sat. I bet CBS wouldn't have picked the UT-UGA game up.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 01:54:41 EDT »

They announced it first of last week....There is a certain window they have to announce so the other networks can do their scheduling. If the cutoff day was today after that circus Sat. I bet CBS wouldn't have picked the UT-UGA game up.
Roughly 2 weeks ahead, Monday before the UTEP game in this instance

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 06:39:24 EDT »

I assume the 1 is Charlotte.  I am concerned also, but first want to see any signs of growth or progression over the next month.  It will be rough, but the team will either build character and get better (and weed out the slackers) or give up. 

November will tell the tale, for sure.  I still think we can win one of the three SEC November games, but my expectations for the season now are 4-8 with 5-7 being a pleasant surprise.  Unfortunately.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: